450 yards accurately with a 22lr?

Jose, do you own that? That is sweet! I have always wanted an Anschutz, but have never had the financial ability to buy one. I bet that will throw down some serious accuracy in the hands of a good marksman. I am so jealous!

I bought it used. You would be surprised how affordable they can be used. This rifle dates from 1971 and it is as good as new. I did upgrade the rear sight. Anschutz rear sights (at least the stuff they made in the 70s) are crap IMO.

Jose,

I know match .22LR ammo is subsonic, but the original post was about using off-the shelf HV .22LR ammo.

It would be great to set that rifle up with the calculated barrel angle and fire a few shots at a very large target at 450 yards to see how close we can get.

Regarding, "with the bullet falling so fast at 1/4 mile, how come every box has a warning about bullets going over a mile?

It takes just over 2 degrees of barrel elevation to get a bullet to travel a 1/4 mile. Estimating a square law continuing drop and linear increase in rise per elevation, that's about 8-10 degrees for 1 mile with a 10mph cross wind generating upto 64' of lateral drift.

Last edited:
Give this epic thread a read: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56169

That particular shoot is past but the same program has more shoots coming up throughout the summer.

It is probably the best marksmanship training you'll ever get and well under what you won last night.

Also, NES Green members get to go to various shoots, like car/truck, pumpkins, sometimes zombies.

+1 If you want great fundamental rifle training an Appleseed is the way to go.

Give this epic thread a read: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56169

That particular shoot is past but the same program has more shoots coming up throughout the summer.

It is probably the best marksmanship training you'll ever get and well under what you won last night.

Also, NES Green members get to go to various shoots, like car/truck, pumpkins, sometimes zombies.

+1 If you want great fundamental rifle training an Appleseed is the way to go.

If you want a listing of events in the area, you can check here, at this forum, in the Appleseed area.

But, if you follow the links in my tagline, they'll take you right to the program's website and forum, and the schedule for the entire country will be there.

As to going green, that's a given. It opens many doors up to you, especially member only shoots. Well worth the $19, for sure.

Derek, namedpipes, thanks for the boost.

Back
Top Bottom