45 degree offset mount question

Hi guys - I just mounted a Holosun HS510C on an 45 degree offset mount (Truglo) from Amazon . I was always under the impression that these red dots are parallax free and no matter where you shift your head while looking through them
the bullet will land where the dot is (if it’s sighted in properly ) . But with this 45 degree mount , I have found that where I hold my head while looking through the sight or how far I rotate the gun - Heavily effects the intersection of my laser boresighter i have in the chamber pointed at the wall and red dot intersect 25 feet away-

Is this normal for 45 degree mounts ?

There is a sweet spot where the laser boresighter and red dot are directly perpendicular , but I don’t trust myself to always shift off the main sight at the correct angle .

Sorry for
Noob questions and any help is much appreciated

I have a bunch of different ones and they have parallax when aiming at something close off axis but further away you get less. Even when they say “parallax free). But my vision is heavily corrected

It should be. But I don’t ever use laser bore sighters so I don’t have any valuable input as to why you are seeing this.

Ya that’s true too, as others have said above. Any optic is going to be essentially aimed at an intersecting point with where your bore is “aiming”, unless it’s as far of a zero you can get. But typically you have a near and far zero. And so if you’re looking at the bore and the optic intersecting, that’s really all you’re looking at. You’re looking at the near zero. When you fire a shot the path of the bullet will intersect there and be above the zero of the optic for a distance and then fall back through it where your car zero is. It’s never going to be perfectly parallel, as the bullet drops as soon as it leaves the barrel. But really all I’m trying to say is seeing intersecting lines is normal and exactly what it does.

Back
Top Bottom