• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

They could also being going supersonic over the ocean, and it’s just heard by coastal communities. But yeah, I think a lot of people don’t realize the volume of a fighter’s engine.
They are LOUD

I've been in an area, where after the fly over they're ascending, my ears still ring from that

The KC46 that did the flyover for the Sox game is still in the air north of Utica. Fitting call sign of PAPI34

I see it flying big loops over the Utica area. It flew smaller loops just a bit north of Boston at between 2,000-4,000 feet. Took off from Pease and hung around in one of the designated areas before heading to Boston.

We were working in Wilmington and they flew right over us 3 times. A f-15, f-35 and a tanker. Really cool!!

What do the different colors of the lines of flight represent?

The altitude of the planes. Click on the gear symbol in the upper right hand corner and check the box for "Altitude Chart." A bar will light up near the bottom that shows what each color band means. There are a lot of different options, so feel free to play with all of the buttons. Pressing the "U" button at the top will show only military planes.

That’s a shiny new KC-46 out of Pease with F-15s from Barnes and F-35s from Burlington for the Red Sox fly over.

They tack the flyover on the end of or beginning of normal training missions.

Un related , seen alot of "green" helicopters all last week groups of 4 going towards the cape. Buddy of mine says
c5s and C7s where coming into the cape cod base all week. He thinks border jumpers are being flown in ?

Un related , seen alot of "green" helicopters all last week groups of 4 going towards the cape. Buddy of mine says
c5s and C7s where coming into the cape cod base all week. He thinks border jumpers are being flown in ?
[party]

[devil][devil2][devil]

It's normal for H60s to fly around over the Cape. Often they will fly from Joint Base Cape Cod up to P'town and then back across the water to JBCC. Right now, there is one that left JBCC, flew out over the water then back down the arm of the Cape and crossed over to Nantucket. C5s and C17s fly over the area on their way to the DC area every day. They fly back out to Europe overnight.

Traffic seems about normal to me.

Back
Top Bottom