40 s&w trouble

You could get a Case-Pro 1000 roll sizer (expensive), or a Redding push-through sizing die (cheap and tedious, but works). Are you using an older Glock with less than full chamber support?

In my .40 1911s I just barrel gauge them, and use the rejects for practice.

Edit: Redding, not Lee die

Last edited:
...when I use federal brass they are fine.

You could simply use Federal cases exclusively, if they are the only ones that function properly. Go with what works.
I realize that may not be the complete solution, but swap the non-Feds for other items, at worst.

I use a Case Pro 1000 (bought it back when they were cheap, $495) and rounds that are case-proed then run through my 1050 always drop in the gauge.

The push through die works wonders. I don't know about the Lee one the original poster refers to, but a very popular and effective 40 push through die is the Redding G-Rx (short for Glock Prescription). Mount an upside-down plastic bottle on the top to catch the processed brass as you press it through.

If you go with the push through die, it's worth getting a single stage press and setting it up as an extra workstation on your bench.

The Case Pro has an advantage that you can get dies to work with tapered cases like the 9x19 and rimmed/semi-rimmed cases like the 38 super.

Last edited:
I run all my .40 cases through a Lee "Bulge Buster" and never have problems with them in the case gauge or chamber.
I do this too. Same with 10mm. Lube the cases after you clean them, then run them all through the push through sizer. I don't even bother gauging the completed rounds anymore -- I know they're all good after going through the push through sizer, and then being sized by the sizing die on the 650.

Back
Top Bottom