4 Shot At City-Sponsored Anti-Gang-Violence Event

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Props to the police for “quickly locating” the people that were shot. It’s rumored that the fact that there was blood running out of them and they were screaming help me I’ve been shot did not play into the police finding them.

Investigators said the shooting was gang-related.

The Summer Night Lights event operates in more than 40 Los Angeles area parks and recreation centers to promote anti-gang violence and turn them into safe havens for families

That seems to be working out well. We obviously need another law to stop gun violence.

I keep reading anti-gang-violence like Sean Connery on SNL. Does it mean violence against anti-gang activities?

”Karren Lane, L.A.’s deputy mayor of community safety. “We take it very seriously. The city is not going to abandon neighborhoods and communities.”

Lane said the violence of this past week reinforces why this sort of programming is so crucial. “That’s why we target these sites,” she said, adding that areas with Summer Night Lights have shown a 3% decrease in violent crime compared to nearby areas without. “We’re in communities that are impacted by violence. People feel safer when SNL is at the park.”

The politicians pat themselves on the back, but the residents just don’t feel that 3% improvement. The costly outlay for SNL and olice presence appears to have minimal impact on violent crime.

"Families would come together to play late-night basketball and share laughter over face painting and card game tables until “they were tired enough to just go home,” said Skipp Townsend, a renowned gang interventionist.

Townsend said he used to work at Summer Night Lights in its early years. In those days, he said, there was “safety for everybody. That’s what it represents.”

Now, he isn’t so sure.

“I would always take my children with me to work. But I wouldn’t dare do that now, because I have no clue what might happen,” he said."

Investigators said the shooting was gang-related.

The Summer Night Lights event operates in more than 40 Los Angeles area parks and recreation centers to promote anti-gang violence and turn them into safe havens for families

That seems to be working out well. We obviously need another law to stop gun violence.
Well, to one group, it was 'anti gang' violence. So, winning?

Back
Top Bottom