.32 Seecamp Loads

Hello all,

I am searching for a reliable load for a .32 Seecamp. Its like searching for a unicorn. I know the rounds that fire in my gun, but would like to hand load for it. Has anybody developed a hand load that works reliably?
This is not my back-up. Just a fun little gun to shoot, but expensive. Since I load for everything else I shoot regularly I would like to load for this.

Thanks, Jeff

Hello all,

I am searching for a reliable load for a .32 Seecamp. Its like searching for a unicorn. I know the rounds that fire in my gun, but would like to hand load for it. Has anybody developed a hand load that works reliably?
This is not my back-up. Just a fun little gun to shoot, but expensive. Since I load for everything else I shoot regularly I would like to load for this.

Thanks, Jeff
Does Lyman manual not have loads for 32acp?

Plenty of 32acp load data here:

VERY picky on what will run in a Seecamp. Never heard it referred to as a fun little gun to shoot. Winchester Silvertips are the only round Seecamp recommends, and I don't know what that equals in a handload.

VERY picky on what will run in a Seecamp. Never heard it referred to as a fun little gun to shoot. Winchester Silvertips are the only round Seecamp recommends, and I don't know what that equals in a handload.
This has evolved over time. From their web site:
.32 ACP (personal preferences)

We recommend the following ammunition:

• Winchester Silvertip 60gr. HP
  • Federal Premium Hydra Shok 65gr. JHP
  • Speer Gold Dot 60gr. GDHP
  • PMC Bronze 60gr. JHP

Not enough known: Magsafe (no personal experience, varied feedback from customers); RCBD (No personal experience); Corbon (I have seen a bullet separate from the case on emptying the chamber. The rounds from this box had an uneven bulge around the case mouth and were not completely concentric with the case).

I think that the length is the limiting factor.,,

PMC Bronze is the cheapest. I wouldn’t call it picky on ammo as it was developed around Silvertips. It’s just fortunate that there are a few more manufacturers that will work. I agree that it is a fun gun to shoot. Good luck in finding a reload that works.

Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics, .32 ACP (7.65mm), SJHP, 60 Grain,Mfg. Number: 32APHP

I use a small vise and slightly compress the bullet to the correct OAL to fit the Seecamp magazine. Out of the box it's ever so slightly too long.

I owned, carried and shot a Seecamp .32 for 14 years. It was very picky when it came to ammo. I found Win Silvertips to work best. Everything else left behind very scary bulged cases. Even with a fresh recoil spring.

I'd suggest the OP start at minimum recommended loads. Fast burning powder is probably best because the pressure spike will come earlier, before the slide has time to move back.

I owned, carried and shot a Seecamp .32 for 14 years. It was very picky when it came to ammo. I found Win Silvertips to work best. Everything else left behind very scary bulged cases. Even with a fresh recoil spring.

I'd suggest the OP start at minimum recommended loads. Fast burning powder is probably best because the pressure spike will come earlier, before the slide has time to move back.
The Seecamp is a delayed blowback. That bulge you are referring to is by design. If you look at the chamber there is a ring cut out around it to expand the brass.

Can't help you with specific load data, but I know M&B Sports in North Stonington has a couple of boxes of virgin . 32 Auto brass (2 @100 count). I think one box is primed brass; not sure.

The Seecamp is a delayed blowback. That bulge you are referring to is by design. If you look at the chamber there is a ring cut out around it to expand the brass.

Not quite. The silvertips did not produce that bulge. I called Larry Seecamp and he said to email him a photo, which I did. He said to stay away from anything like that.

Not quite. The silvertips did not produce that bulge. I called Larry Seecamp and he said to email him a photo, which I did. He said to stay away from anything like that.
Stay away from what? Bulging cases? Maybe the new ammo is cheaper these days? This is from the Seecamp forum. I’m just going by what I read.

F8C8948C-EECD-4F28-AE74-AAD14633DC20.png

Last edited:
Ok. The bulge I experienced was different. It was asymetrical. It didn't go around the entire case. The slide and case were starting to move back before the pressure had subsided. So the case bulged on the part of the chamber that was relieved to form the feed ramp.

Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics, .32 ACP (7.65mm), SJHP, 60 Grain,Mfg. Number: 32APHP

I use a small vise and slightly compress the bullet to the correct OAL to fit the Seecamp magazine. Out of the box it's ever so slightly too long.

They had this problem with the Speer Gold Dots a few years back,
I believe if you removed the floor plate of the mag, there was a straight flat piece you could remove.
Then newer longer Gold Dots will fit.

My ankle gun for the last 10 years has been a .32 ACP.
Gold Dots & Silvertips are best. Good luck finding Silvertips.
I cleaned out MFL about 8 years ago, got 8 boxes, have 5 boxes left.

Hello all,

Thanks, Jeff

Go to the Seecamp forum. If they can't answer your question no-one can.

Back
Top Bottom