.300 win mag AR

dem ballistics? .300 win mag doesn't **** around.

As opposed to the blackout/whisper that's subsonic and not as flat shooting? I suppose it's versatile? I frankly haven't even studied the differences.

As opposed to the blackout/whisper that's subsonic and not as flat shooting? I suppose it's versatile? I frankly haven't even studied the differences.

Flat maybe, really don't know. Definitely not as accurate. Savage stopped all plans for a blackout gun cause it is inherently inaccurate

There is a 300 SAUM upper that DPMS made that used to sell for around 1600, it has almost the same ballistics as the 300wm. I am pushing a 178gn Amax to over 3000fps with my SAUM

The DPMS upper never functioned correctly, their .308's barely work, I own one . if this thing is reliable it would be a monster, but at 6k most will never know

dem ballistics? .300 win mag doesn't **** around.
You are correct. The United States Secret Service Uniformed Division counter-snipers use .300 Win Mag rifles. They shoot out the barrels at a fairly rapid pace through constant practice on the ranges. That cartridge is definitely a barrel-burner!

My opinion only, but .300WM belongs in a bolt gun.
I see longevity issues with an AR: That's a shit-ton of recoil beating up aluminum parts.

My opinion only, but .300WM belongs in a bolt gun.
I see longevity issues with an AR: That's a shit-ton of recoil beating up aluminum parts.

Nobody that buys a rifle like that shoots it much anyway. ZOMG it shoots bigger bullets over the berm! The problem is finding a chest rig in XXXXL on ebay that will hold the magazines.

Last edited:
Nobody that buys a rifle like that shoots it much anyway. ZOMG it shoots bigger bullets over the berm! The problem is finding a chest rig in XXXXL on ebay that will hold the magazines.

I thought some .300 rounds fit in AR mags?

Holy crap.

attachment.php

Back
Top Bottom