• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

Coverage needs to be saturated. Get potato head down there.

Biden to grieve with Texas town Sunday after nation's latest school shooting

"Too much violence, too much fear, too much grief," Biden told graduates in a commencement speech on Saturday at the University of Delaware. "We cannot outlaw tragedy, I know, but we can make America safer. We can finally do what we have to do to protect the lives of the people and of our children.”

Biden, a Democrat, has repeatedly called for major changes to America's gun laws but has been powerless to stop mass shootings or convince Republicans that stricter controls could stem the carnage.

The Texas visit will be his third presidential trip to a mass shooting site, including earlier this month when he visited Buffalo, New York, after a gunman killed 10 Black people in a Saturday afternoon attack at a grocery store.

The Uvalde shooting has once again put gun control at the top of the nation's agenda, months ahead of the November midterm elections, with supporters of stronger gun laws arguing that the latest bloodshed represents a tipping point.

"The president has a real opportunity. The country is desperately asking for a leader to stop the slaughter from gun violence," said Igor Volsky, executive director of Guns Down America.”

Hmmmm. Where are u going with this🤔🤔
The troll supplied the first one as some kind of argument. I was pointing out that it was a circular and vacuous argument. Of course the most consistent part of school shootings, or any other kind of shooting, is the gun because that’s part of the definition of the thing being discussed. As you can see from the other examples, it hardly makes a convincing argument for focusing on the existence or availability of the defining element. I like the plane crash analog because planes are technology, not natural, and we have successfully made them extremely rare considering the number of planes and the number of daily flights. We did it by focusing on true causes and changes that would have prevented each crash without giving up aviation.

@drgrant can we boot this agitator? Or at a minimum tell him to knock it off? He’s just here to stir the pot and clearly not a gun owner.

@idefhavecovid you’d have to be a mental defect to think someone who shows up to play basketball with friends with his face all cut up from a knife and routinely joked about school shootings doesn’t have mental issues. That’s ignoring the myriad of other issues going on in this scumbags life. But then again you aren’t here to have a good faith discussion your simply here because you don’t like guns (doubt you even own one).

ETA: False alarm… he’s just a FUDD.
He's blocked on my end, but I can imagine the look when the popo shows up to take his 30-30, and Wetherby. (Just made up a name, before someone ackelchully's the statement)

Not to worry , I'm sure the FBI will do a thorough investigation into themselves.[rofl]
Border Patrol took the shot. It'll be investigated 20 ways to Sunday.

Ok guys. A few years ago I got banned from the un-official BP website. I went on bended knee, said I'd be a good boy this time if they let me back in.

Hat guy, was the shield holder.
Big ass Hispanic dude took the shot is what seems to be the case.

Just dudes telling stories, so take it for what it's worth. But it's normally a pretty good source.

Oh yeah, if I could post that string over here, you'd be amazed how similar it is to this one.

Kids are worthless except dead, as tools to Democrats to seize more power.

Proof?

The Biden admin plans to spend about $300B of taxpayer money paying off the student loans of people who majored in gender & social justice studies (their constituents), meanwhile they refuse to spend a dime securing schools, even after 19 children are slaughtered.

Plus:

View: https://twitter.com/elontrades/status/1530743383748235264?s=21&t=3C87nmT6DwIdR-LgcALV4w

View: https://twitter.com/elontrades/status/1530743386721988608?s=21&t=3C87nmT6DwIdR-LgcALV4w

SWAT happened? Did Uvalde tactical unit respond to Texas school shooting?

“Resident Hidalgo shared the department’s February 2020 post, asking, “We have a SWAT team?”

Uvalde, a town of about 16,000, is spending $4.4 million, or 38%, of its $11.5 million budget for 2021-2022 on its 40-member police force.”

View attachment 621048
And yet the shooter had a better AR… 🤔

While I want to agree with you, I’m gonna give her a pass because she lost a son. Nobody believes their kid would do something like this and she must be heartbroken.

I don’t know enough about her parenting to pass judgement but no matter how hard you try, sometimes kids just turn out bad.
He also shot her mother in the face and stole her truck to drive to the school. Bad seed indeed.

I've researched Columbine a bit: I had family who live in the town. The overriding opinion is that Klebold and Harris could have easily killed more people if they'd wanted to. They killed themselves with plenty of time and plenty of ammo. For whatever reason, they chose not to. They never really made a motivated attempt to stalk the halls, kick in doors, and hunt through the classrooms.

In their case, the weapons were plenty lethal enough. Most of their killing was done at close range, mostly with a shotgun, mostly in the library. They never did comprehend why their bombs failed to go off.

The main reason why Columbine changed police doctrine was because one victim, a teacher, bled out while waiting on the police entry. The belief after that (and still, in every LEO mind except Pete Arredondo's) is that first responders MUST go in fast to prevent WIAs from becoming KIAs.
Interesting points - it could have been worse at Columbine but that it wasn’t was in the hands of the killers. The 911 calls from the teacher who bled out was gut-wrenching. That said, first responders at best drop a Bleeding Controlt Kit for the WIA and continue to pursue the shooter - in theory, anyway. If Uvalde had Bleeding Control Kits, they were of no use in the hallway wall case. The Uvalde cops Retreated to the Warm Zone until the Border Patrol guys re-entered the Hot Zone. Were any students/teachers wounded but not killed?

Chicago mortality rates for headshots was <90% - most survivable mass shooting victims (the Few there are) could have been saved with a chest seal rather than a tournique.

But not getting to the headshot vs torsoshot endpoint is the driving challenge In security.

Interesting points - it could have been worse at Columbine but that it wasn’t was in the hands of the killers. The 911 calls from the teacher who bled out was gut-wrenching. That said, first responders at best drop a Bleeding Controlt Kit for the WIA and continue to pursue the shooter - in theory, anyway. If Uvalde had Bleeding Control Kits, they were of no use in the hallway wall case. The Uvalde cops Retreated to the Warm Zone until the Border Patrol guys re-entered the Hot Zone. Were any students/teachers wounded but not killed?

Chicago mortality rates for headshots was <90% - most survivable mass shooting victims (the Few there are) could have been saved with a chest seal rather than a tournique.

But not getting to the headshot vs torsoshot endpoint is the driving challenge In security.
You don't stop for shit in an active shooter. It was drilled into us to avoid people trying to grab us for help, kids screaming 'help me', you keep going. This is why everyone, myself included, was looking for the 'why' they stopped. You don't stop until the threat is gone.

Edit: At most you try and gather intel from people able to talk. How many, last seen, quick then move on.

No, the idea is not dropping first-aid supplies as you clear: it's killing the shooter using violence of action, then continuing to kill him until he's really dead, all while trying to avoid stepping on the wounded. Then you call the paramedics.

As cold-blooded as it all sounds, the priority is on speed of execution because speed saves lives. The kit, as students are trying to bandage each other in a room with a live shooter, is of less value than killing the threat.

That's the theory, anyway. Since Columbine, when it's been applied, it has typically worked. I'm not sure how many of the 19 were killed outright vs how many bled out during the time the 19 cops were hanging out in the hall swapping recipes, but I have a hard time believing NONE of them could have been saved with a quicker breach. Like the manuals all say.

The autopsies will figure it out.

Unlikely. The VT shooting guy had two handguns (one a .22), 10 and 15-round mags only, and was attacking adults. He killed 32. No rifle, no 30-rounders. The mindset of police, attacker, and the targets, and the response time of police are probably the most important factors.

That Asian shooter at Virginia Tech trained his gun skills for months and months at the range for accuracy. Didn't he order the students to all line up or something? And compliant students not knowing what to do, they followed his directions and waited to get headshotted one by one. No one wanted to rush him cause no one wanted to be that 'one guy' who tried and got shot. So everyone just waited for their turn to get popped.

Afterwards, the school training changed to encourage students to fight back against the shooter with whatever objects they could find (but no actual weapons, obviously). "Run, Hide, Fight". Only if you're discovered and can't hide, you should try to fight a gunman by throwing crayons and staplers at him.

f#ck your kids - but the chief will live!
---------------
Local cops have kept guard outside Arredondo’s house around the clock.
“I do not understand why the police from Uvalde, Texas, are guarding Pete Arredondo’s home,” Torres said. “He is hiding in his home, requesting the PD patrol the area and guard his home day and night. He should come out and speak up.”
---------------

I've researched Columbine a bit: I had family who live in the town. The overriding opinion is that Klebold and Harris could have easily killed more people if they'd wanted to. They killed themselves with plenty of time and plenty of ammo. For whatever reason, they chose not to. They never really made a motivated attempt to stalk the halls, kick in doors, and hunt through the classrooms.

In their case, the weapons were plenty lethal enough. Most of their killing was done at close range, mostly with a shotgun, mostly in the library. They never did comprehend why their bombs failed to go off.

The main reason why Columbine changed police doctrine was because one victim, a teacher, bled out while waiting on the police entry. The belief after that (and still, in every LEO mind except Pete Arredondo's) is that first responders MUST go in fast to prevent WIAs from becoming KIAs.

Because most of those people hopped up on SSRIs probably have a psychotic break mid shooting and they snap on top of snapping; the reality of how f***ed they are in the brain hits them and they either kill themselves or stop killing. Theres a reason why 99% of these never make it past 10-20 victims.

Most school shooters are not like an Anders Brevik (that guy in norway?) That killed like 40 something moonbats on an island and didn't blink an eye. They're not consistently sociopathic enough to kill a ton of people.

I imagine there are people who look at shootings this way: Each event knocks a few points off the resistance to gun control and confiscation.

Bit by bit. In fact, based on the numbers below, you can theoretically calculate how many mass shootings would be needed to maximize the number of converts. Assuming a hard core resistance of say 40%, the goal would be to saturate the public conscience of the 60% to give up their rights “for their own safety”, “to protect the children”, or whatever else they think may work.

The Texas Politics Project did another poll in October 2019, asking the same question from earlier in the year: should Texas gun laws be more strict, less strict, or left alone?

The results showed public opinion barely moved after the pair of (2019) mass shootings.

Just over half of Texans, 51% said they wanted gun laws to be more strict, a slight increase from their February poll. The number who wanted to see fewer gun restrictions dropped slightly to 13%”.

So if the goal is 60%, and they’re at 51%, you can see how maximizing /saturating the coverage of each event that fits the narrative inches things along another point or so.

The wall to wall coverage is aimed at the remaining 9% and to keep the other 51% from backsliding.

Ref: State of Texas: ‘There’s a sense of urgency’- Gun policy possibilities after the Uvalde mass shooting
They'll just padding th epolls until they get the number they want. I saw one the other day that said 85% of americans wanted tougher laws and 60% were in favor of confiscation , when you look into the details is less than 500 people polled.

Coverage needs to be saturated. Get potato head down there.

Biden to grieve with Texas town Sunday after nation's latest school shooting

"Too much violence, too much fear, too much grief," Biden told graduates in a commencement speech on Saturday at the University of Delaware. "We cannot outlaw tragedy, I know, but we can make America safer. We can finally do what we have to do to protect the lives of the people and of our children.”

Biden, a Democrat, has repeatedly called for major changes to America's gun laws but has been powerless to stop mass shootings or convince Republicans that stricter controls could stem the carnage.

The Texas visit will be his third presidential trip to a mass shooting site, including earlier this month when he visited Buffalo, New York, after a gunman killed 10 Black people in a Saturday afternoon attack at a grocery store.

The Uvalde shooting has once again put gun control at the top of the nation's agenda, months ahead of the November midterm elections, with supporters of stronger gun laws arguing that the latest bloodshed represents a tipping point.

"The president has a real opportunity. The country is desperately asking for a leader to stop the slaughter from gun violence," said Igor Volsky, executive director of Guns Down America.”
I wonder how many times he's going to talk about Bo. Like he did with the families of the 13 soldiers who were killed in the suicide bombing at the airporr in Kabul.

I never watch weekend Fox News because of the democratic bend to all the shows. Now that we have this Texas tragedy I made the HUGE mistake of tuning to Fox. I all but threw my shoe through the screen and pinned the needle on my blood pressure machine. I’ll stick to NES for my weekend news and not tune back to Fox until Monday.

f#ck your kids - but the chief will live!
---------------
Local cops have kept guard outside Arredondo’s house around the clock.
“I do not understand why the police from Uvalde, Texas, are guarding Pete Arredondo’s home,” Torres said. “He is hiding in his home, requesting the PD patrol the area and guard his home day and night. He should come out and speak up.”
---------------
There should be twenty angry citizens per Uvalde cop, shaming them round the clock, and 200 for the chief. What are they going to do, drawing their guns?

Back
Top Bottom