2015 USPSA Area 7 Championship

With match being up in Maine and with the Mid Atlantic actually going to happen this year, I doubt you will get the rush of A8 shooters signing up. Good luck with the match, If its half as good as last years, it will still be awesome

Dan,
Registration is held when the form is submitted. However you aren't allowed to squad until paid, so that is the carrot that is dangled there with payment.
Last year I had many people who submitted registraion, then waited days or weeks to pay online.
I am not going to let that slide this year: If I don't see payment within 24 hours of approval, I will email once to give 24 hours notice.
If still not paid then, I will withdraw the shooters registration and move to anyone on the wait list.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve, I didn't want to be "that guy" I'm all signed up, payed and on a squad.

Thanks to all who have worked to make this happen this year

Is it me or the price just went down to $160?

Yea, I screwed up on entering the price to the payment processing portion of the site. I didn't realize it until over 100 people had registered (about 20 minutes or so...).
So, that's what happened there.

- - - Updated - - -

165 out of 180 slots filled. I'm heading home now, so I probably won't get to any more approvals till later tonight.

Yea, I screwed up on entering the price to the payment processing portion of the site. I didn't realize it until over 100 people had registered (about 20 minutes or so...).
So, that's what happened there.

- - - Updated - - -

165 out of 180 slots filled. I'm heading home now, so I probably won't get to any more approvals till later tonight.

I don't want anything shorted, I'll happily go back and pay the additional

As of 1:46 AM EST, match is at capacity.
There will be a few spots in the next day or so, as I have 1-2 non A7 residents to delete out.
After that, slots will be awarded in the order they are received off the waitlist as space becomes available.
Thanks all

Just booked a room. My wife and I are making a weekend of it, staying in Portland. If you're bringing the family and don't necessarily want to stay in the match hotel, I'd start looking ASAP, places are booking up.

As a "local" I thought I'd kick in a few thoughts on the "making a weekend of it" idea. Traveling in and out of Maine on summer weekends can be frustrating — especially on the Turnpike (I95) south of Portland and anywhere on Route One. Scheduling either or both of your travel days NOT on Fri, Sat or Sun is a very good plan.

Basing yourself in Portland should make for a very happy spouse — the "Old Port" is sort of like how I remember Greenwich Village in the 60's — loads of small shops filled with clever stuff, coffee shops and, something no one had even thought of 50 years ago, "local beer".

I will also point out that even on the weekend moving "crossways" around Maine (ie. NOT up or down I95 or Rt 1) is not so much of a problem. After shooting the A7 in Augusta you could easily head SE for my stomping grounds, the Pemaquid Point below Damariscotta (search: Bristol ZIP 04539). There are two "lobster pounds" in Round Pond harbor where you can watch your dinner being taken off the boat — just over an hour from the range in Augusta — choose the right route and you will pass UNDER both I95 and Route one getting here.

As has been said, finding a place to stay can be tricky. Once people find their Maine vacation they tend to repeat it every year making it tough to find open slots at B&B's and such.

Jim

The stage descriptions for the 2015 Area 7 Championship are now viewable / downloadable at the website:

page link: http://mainepracticalshooters.com/stages/

NOTE: The description for the stage "Moving Issues" has been edited. If you downloaded the pdf prior to 5/31/2015 you should download the newer version of the file:

The page and stage info will be updated as more info becomes available.

Jim

Last edited:
I'm happy to update previous info. The "final count" is that the USPSA 2015 Area 7 Championship will have 10 stages (the 10th being "Chrono") and we have 11 stage level sponsors. Complete stage info may be downloaded at the A7's "Stages" page http://mainepracticalshooters.com/stages/
FB_Stages_Cover.JPG

The 2015 USPSA Area 7 Championship is in the bag. Congratulations to the winners and to all who participated.

If you have not seen them yet, results can be seen here:
http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php…

Thank you to our great sponsors (Atlas Gunworks, Rudy Project, National Shooting Sports Foundation, Trijicon, Glock, FNH USA, Techwear, Montana Gold Bullets, Colt, Hogue, DPM Systems, Competitive Edge Dynamics, Mark 7 Reloading, Jager Products, STI, Ibejiheads Coated Bullets, Brazos Custom Gunworks, Universal Shooting Academy, Sig Sauer, Bar-Sto, Sierra, Redding, Safariland, Uniquetek). Please remember to support these great companies who support us.

Thank you to the Capital City Rifle and Pistol Club leaders and members for agreeing to be host for this match, and to the Maine Practical Shooters and the Hampden Rifle and Pistol Club volunteers for all their hard work updating and improving the Capital City grounds. These folks spent several weekends working hard to make this possible.

Thank you to all the volunteers from all over Area 7, and a few from beyond (including from Canada). Without the hard work and dedication from all of these folks, this match would not be possible. We had over 70 volunteers to put this all together. Just as it is throughout the country, its the volunteers who make this sport happen - please remember to show your appreciation to them every chance you get.

Thank you to Lee Cabana (Maine Practical Shooters) and Dan Wiswell (Hampden Rifle and Pistol Club), the Co-Match Directors, who took this challenge on. Thanks to Jim Child (Webmaster), Skip Sprauge (Quartermaster), Chris Thomas (Sponsorship), John Catterall (Chrono), Steve Piche (Stats/Registration), Ray Hirst (Range Master) and of course my wonderful wife Allyson and daughter Gaby who were also part of the team.

It was great seeing old friends and making new friends. I hope you all had a great experience in the gun-friendly state of Maine!
Thank you,
David Bold
Director, Area 7, USPSA

PS: Please look back to the match website for links to the sponsors, stage, match book, etc:
http://mainepracticalshooters.com/area7match/

The stages were excellent - they had enough challenging shots to differentiate the best shoots, but not "traps" that 50% of the shooters would zero. There was only one mover, and my squad had exactly zero reshoots. I shot so poorly I was tempted to handle ammo in the safety area to get a DQ [smile], but I had a great time. Stopping everything 12:00 to 12:30 was a great idea and helped the match run relatively smoothly, though there was a one stage backup on Sunday.

Looking forward to next year.

Back
Top Bottom