2015 NRA National High Power results

jasons

NES Life Member
NES Member
Final results are posted, looks like there was some good representation from the Northeast crew.

Match Rifle: http://www.nrahq.org/compete/natpdf/cp402-15.pdf
Service Rifle: http://www.nrahq.org/compete/natpdf/cp401-15.pdf
Combined: http://www.nrahq.org/compete/natpdf/cp400-15.pdf

It was a hot week (almost two weeks for those of us who shot CMP,) but everyone coped with the conditions and shot great.

All in all I was happy with my personal performance, though for some reason I couldn't seem to shoot a decent offhand out there (in fact shot a bunch of bad ones.) Rapids were decent for the most part and 600 was pretty good. I had hoped to hit 97% but missed my goal by exactly 1% (24 points.) Oh well.

I was squadded next to an older gentleman from Australia the last two days. Probably in his late 60's or 70's and has to literally fly halfway around the world and borrow a rifle and gear to participate in the sport that he loves. His stories about the confiscations (they called them buy-backs) in the mid 90's were a poignant reminder of how quickly we could end up in the same position. Ever vigilant.

I should note that a few stayed for long range and are still shooting. Good luck everyone!

Congrats to all our locals!! From Duane and the juniors to our most 'seasoned' competitors, you made us proud. How you guys hold it together day after day is really inspiring. You made a great showing Jason. Those 600 scores with a service rifle were really impressive. Rob also had a great trip. Seems to have checked a couple of goals off his list. Too many others also shot well but I could never list them as I'd surely leave someone out. Again, congrats to all!!

Congrats to all our locals!! From Duane and the juniors to our most 'seasoned' competitors, you made us proud. How you guys hold it together day after day is really inspiring. You made a great showing Jason. Those 600 scores with a service rifle were really impressive. Rob also had a great trip. Seems to have checked a couple of goals off his list. Too many others also shot well but I could never list them as I'd surely leave someone out. Again, congrats to all!!

Rob shot a high master agg with not one but TWO cross-fires. I know he's beating himself up over the mental lapses but that's a pretty awesome score considering he threw away 20 points. (It's his first year with a match rifle and he's having a hard time seeing the number boards through his sights, he'll get it figured out.)

Also of note is the winning RNDC Trophy team - 75% of that team are local shooters.

The highlight of my week was being squadded next to the Reading "B" team for the Rumbold match.

Pretty sad that qualifies as a highlight. I shot like an ******* all week.

The highlight of my week was being squadded next to the Reading "B" team for the Rumbold match.

Pretty sad that qualifies as a highlight. I shot like an ******* all week.

It was a lot of fun shooting next to you guys.

just rolled in myself....will post more about it tomorrow, but wind this year was "interesting" to say the least

shooting a HOT 6mm I came off the line @ 1000yds with 8 1/2 MOA of windage on the gun. the army AR10s were running 11MOA and some guys on palma guns reported 12-14MOA of wind. it got painful REAL fast if you weren't paying attention for even a split second.

otherwise, was a fun 9 days of shooting. 1000 with slings was easier, and harder, than I thought it'd be.

Jeff, are you running a Hagar or a 6XC?

Over 7' of wind drift is hard to comprehend.

Back
Top Bottom