2007 Pelham Fish and Game IDPA Schedule

The Pelham Fish and Game Club is entering its third year as an IDPA club. Our Pistol Match schedule for 2007 is:

• Apr 7 - IDPA Classifier
  • May 5 - IDPA Pistol Match
  • June 2 - IDPA Pistol Match
  • Oct 6 - IDPA Pistol Match
  • Nov 3 - IDPA Pistol Match

These will follow IDPA rules. Additionally, we will be running IDPA-style Carbine matches on the following dates:

• Feb 3 - Polar Bear Defensive Carbine Match (Carbine only)
  • July 7 - Carbine Match
  • Aug 4 - 3-Gun Match (will run stages for Carbine, Pistol and Shotgun)
  • Sept 1 - Carbine Match

Finally, we will be running 2 clinics. These are open to the public and we will be requesting a donation only. These are geared towards new shooters who want to get started in the sport, and old hats alike as a refresher. They are classroom events and will not involve any shooting, although they are conveniently situated the night before a match. The dates are:

• Friday, Apr 6 - 7:00 PM - Introduction to IDPA Pistol
  • Friday, Jul 6 - 7:00 PM - Introduction to IDPA-style Carbine

Registration for matches is from 8:30 AM until 11:00 AM

For more information (including range information, directions and equipment list), go to www.pelhamfishandgame.com or e-mail us at:
[email protected]

What is a carbine?

I'll assume that your question is serious. For the purposes of our carbine matches, a carbine is any long gun designed for defensive use, generally shorter than your typical rifle, magazine fed, semi-auto (or select fire) and typically in a caliber such as .223, .308, or 7.62x39. The most common rifle at our matches is an AR-15 variant, but an occasional FAL, G3, or AK will show up. We have had several people compete with pistol-caliber long guns as well.

IDPA Classifier - April 7th

Folks, we are still on target (no pun intended) to hold our opening pistol match, an IDPA Classifier, on Saturday April 7th. Registration will be from 8:30 AM until 11:00 AM. Cost will be $15 for non-PFG members and $10 for members.

A warning... it is springtime in New Hampshire, which means it is MUD SEASON! Firstly, we may not be able to get vehicles back to the ranges for fear of them getting stuck. If that is the case, you will register and park out by the main clubhouse. Be prepared to carry your gear in the approximately 200 yards from the clubhouse to the range.

Secondly, the mud could make for a very interesting classifier. Because the range may not be optimal, I am going to run a second classifier at our May match, and we will probably throw in an extra stage for fun in May.

Visit our club website at:

http://www.pelhamfishandgame.com

Click on the IDPA link for all information and our schedule, along with directions and contact info.

I look forward to seeing you on the range this season! Be safe, shoot straight, and have fun!

Regards,
Paul DiMarco

The Pelham Fish and Game Club is entering its third year as an IDPA club. Our Pistol Match schedule for 2007 is:

These will follow IDPA rules. Additionally, we will be running IDPA-style Carbine matches on the following dates:

• July 7 - Carbine Match
  • Sept 1 - Carbine Match

Finally, we will be running 2 clinics. These are open to the public and we will be requesting a donation only. These are geared towards new shooters who want to get started in the sport, and old hats alike as a refresher. They are classroom events and will not involve any shooting, although they are conveniently situated the night before a match. The dates are:

• Friday, Apr 6 - 7:00 PM - Introduction to IDPA Pistol
  • Friday, Jul 6 - 7:00 PM - Introduction to IDPA-style Carbine

Registration for matches is from 8:30 AM until 11:00 AM

For more information (including range information, directions and equipment list), go to www.pelhamfishandgame.com or e-mail us at:
[email protected]

An IDPA style carbine match, now THAT sounds like fun. I will try and make one of those.

• July 7 - Carbine Match
  • Sept 1 - Carbine Match

Carbine match still on? On the steel core ammo, does it always say on the box? I have Wolff 55g steel cased ammo, but no mention of steel core. That OK? Please advise.

Best way to check for sure is to touch a magnet to the bullet head. If it sticks you got steel...

Several holes ended up in Harvard's brand new steel targets at the last 3-gun match because some did not check their ammo. I believe some of the ammo that may have caused holes was the Wolf stuff.

Best way to check for sure is to touch a magnet to the bullet head. If it sticks you got steel...

Several holes ended up in Harvard's brand new steel targets at the last 3-gun match because some did not check their ammo. I believe some of the ammo that may have caused holes was the Wolf stuff.

Hmmm, I will go looking for a magnet now.

CHANGE IN SCHEDULE

Hello everyone:

We will be changing our schedule to the following for the remainder of the season:

August 4 - IDPA Pistol
Sept 1 - 3-Gun Match
Oct 6 - IDPA Pistol
Nov 3 - IDPA Pistol

Any questions, please e-mail us at the addresses listed above. I do not get on this forum much and may miss your question otherwise.

Best regards,
Paul DiMarco
IDPA Chairman
Pelham Fish and Game Club

Back
Top Bottom