2 Brothers Killed In Standoff With Police Had Over 1,000 Guns &140,000 Rounds Of Ammo

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member

Funny how the media forgot to use the word "arsenal" to describe the quantity of firearms and ammo discovered.
By NES standards, would these guys be considered "advanced" collectors ???

Funny how the media forgot to use the word "arsenal" to describe the quantity of firearms and ammo discovered.
Sorry I missed you at MB. I parked almost directly across from you, but didn't see you in the store.

“…most of the guns seized at the property are sporting shotguns and hunting-caliber rifles. Most of the ammunition is target ammunition for trapshooting…”

What they meant was, no AR15-type Assault Rifles - mostly larger caliber rifles.

Advanced"? Guns, sure. Ammo, hardly. They're about 1.8 million shy based on the 2,000 round per Weapon model. My Dad's cousin was worse. He died back in 2014, leaving 987 Firearms and less than 40,000 rounds. 🙄

“…most of the guns seized at the property are sporting shotguns and hunting-caliber rifles. Most of the ammunition is target ammunition for trapshooting…”

What they meant was, no AR15-type Assault Rifles - mostly larger caliber rifles.
Don't worry, those will be targets as soon as black rifles owners are outed.

"Reports say that during the standoff, a bulk propane truck was parked next to one of the houses and Randy Wilhelm threatened to use it as a bomb if officers tried to arrest him."
That's a new twist.
Unless he had a RPG I don't think that would have worked.

Too much Hollywood, though then again the police probably saw too much Hollywood too and believed it.

Can’t these intelligent cops use alternate methods to approach dangerous situations and diffuse situations? I do not believe their stories. For instance, approach them and surprise them in public when they least expect it.

Don't know much about propane except that it cannot be stored above the first floor in MA. Yes, I got a nastygram from my HOA when my small propane grill was spotted on the deck of my 3rd story condo.
To be a proper bleve, the propane needs to be released and allowed to spread out over a large area before it's ignited.

Propane is heavier than air. It settles in low spots and pools.
Can be ignited in that state.
An enclosed indoor area will fill from the bottom up until an ignition source is reached at the correct fuel/air ratio.
Typically a small electrical spark from an appliance.

Can’t these intelligent cops use alternate methods to approach dangerous situations and diffuse situations? I do not believe their stories. For instance, approach them and surprise them in public when they least expect it.
a bail bondsman called the Knox County Sheriff’s Office, telling dispatchers a suspect had fired several shots at his vehicle

From the article. They were called in to clean up a bail bondsman's mess.

That’s why I dislike propane a lot more than natural gas. Natural gas is lighter than air, so you have a chance of it dissipating.

Propane is heavier than air. It settles in low spots and pools.
Can be ignited in that state.
An enclosed indoor area will fill from the bottom up until an ignition source is reached at the correct fuel/air ratio.
Typically a small electrical spark from an appliance.

I recall maybe 15-20 years ago a family in the midwest somewhere - Chicago - decided they wanted to collect the insurance proceeds on their house. It was an older couple and their adult son.

So they turned on the "gas" and then set a spark/match/something to set it off. Left their time bomb to explode when they were safely away.

It was freaking Propane. The entire basement filled with it. Blew up the whole neighborhood and I think some people were killed in it.

You mean like the feebs should have done with David Koresh instead of murdering all of those people?
That was actually an ATF operation initially. It would have been the ATF who could have arrested Koresh outside of the compound. The FBI only got involved after the ATF raided the compound and got shot up.

Don't know much about propane except that it cannot be stored above the first floor in MA. Yes, I got a nastygram from my HOA when my small propane grill was spotted on the deck of my 3rd story condo.

Most condo associations don't allow grills on decks because their insurance providers don't allow it, even on the first floor and even charcoal grills. Not aware of any laws that say you can't have propane on a deck above the first floor but I haven't really looked into it either. Wouldn't surprise me if there were local ordinances.

Back
Top Bottom