1970's assembled Yugoslav SKS worth it?

Looking at one of these Zastava new barreled SKS receivers. What's the whole story, any known issues?

Can you PM me the site that is offering these? I would also check some of the other forums lile the AK forum or Gunboards.

You can still find some unissued SKS 59/66 but they are demeaning a premium.

Can you PM me the site that is offering these? I would also check some of the other forums lile the AK forum or Gunboards.

You can still find some unissued SKS 59/66 but they are demeaning a premium.

Where are they now in price? I have a Samco "New" I bought a couple years ago. never fired it. not sure how much longer I am keeping it.

Guys that have been collecting longer than I have probably remember what a 59/66 was going for when they were first imported. Back when Russian models flooded the market here and were cheap, no one had seen a 59/66 with grenade launcher. They were imported well used and in limited numbers.

I don't remember how much they went for exactly, maybe $1000 or so but the people who bought them kicked themselves hard when mint ones came in years later at around $200.

These rifles were still being cranked out well into the late 80s and some have speculated even later than that. I'm thinking we haven't seen the end of them.

So for reference the one I'm looking at has no launcher or sights, bayonet and is listed as 59 type. What I've heard is that these have unissued barrels on 59/66 receivers, hence the missing launchers. Worth approx 400?

These rifles were still being cranked out well into the late 80s and some have speculated even later than that. I'm thinking we haven't seen the end of them.

I just saw a local store with 6 that just came in. they were more the original VG condition ones. These were not the brand new looking or lighter stocks. I guess a distributor is importing again. This dealer was getting $449.

Back
Top Bottom