1947 M44 not refurbished?

Hello all. Today i picked up this 1947 m44 that the gentlemen was only asking 200 for. I jumped all over it and when i picked it up I was even more surprised. The seller claimed to have never shot it and i believe him as everything is still caked in cosmoline. Blueing is near 100% and the barrel looks like it has never seen a bullet through it. After looking up and down the rifle i cant find any re-aresenal marks on it. It has import marks on it. My question is did some m44's not get re-arsenaled?

Very nice! I would have grabbed it for the cool serial number too.

Where did you find it?

Thanks i am excited about it. When i was breaking it down to clean the rifle i found the stock was actually numbered to the rest of the rifle as well. It looks like it it just written in so idk to its legitimacy. If it is legit than its my first all matching mosin including the stock. I found it in armslist. Just searched "mosin nagant" and it had been up there for over 2 weeks. I saw surprised no one had pounced sooner.

Thanks. I took it to the range last week and out of the 3 mosin's i owned it is the most accurate for sure. The 200 yard grouping i almost had to do a double take.

Back
Top Bottom