1943 US PROPERTY remington 513T

mac1911

NES Member
bought this a few couple years ago. Have not shot it in about 5 years and dusted it off for 200 yard off hand league at the club...well I have not been able to shoot it off hand at the league yet as life gets in the way.
Took her out today and in the afternoon thunderstorm and crazy wind shot a decent group for me. Its always nice when a old gun shoots good.

!00 yards using sling sitting elbows on the table, Ammunition SK Standard Plus 40 grain SV

Last edited:
Nice. Those older .22 rifles can really shoot well if we can do the job properly.
sadly this barrel is on its end of life cycle...fun to shoot status now. I felt a rough spot last time I put a patch through it. Found someone with a bore scope locally... old bore scope one you just look through the eye piece. Cant take pictures.
The bore was pretty pitted from many years of use and abuse from military trainer to ROTC to club programs god knows. by the previous owners records its had 250K rounds through it by him and his dad bought it used in the 60s so it was already 20 years old when he got it!
Any how there was a ring of rust/corrosion about 6" up from the chamber you wouldn't see it looking down the bore with just your eye and a light....anyhow don't bore scope your rifles its scary. Any how did a major clean out of the barrel then a DIY lap job after shooting about 50 rounds it started grouping again. so im happy. If I can shoot 3 moa or less rudhing and fighting wind and rain im happy! I tossed out the flyers "caused by the wind"

Keep a close eye on the trigger group. The only accidental discharge on the firing line was when a 513T let go when the bolt was being closed. The sear had fractured and when we inspected the other 6 rifles we had, 3 others had a fractured sear. Be warned... keep and eye on them.

One dam fine rifle, I've seen quite a few 100 out of 100 at 50' with those.

Keep a close eye on the trigger group. The only accidental discharge on the firing line was when a 513T let go when the bolt was being closed. The sear had fractured and when we inspected the other 6 rifles we had, 3 others had a fractured sear. Be warned... keep and eye on them.

One dam fine rifle, I've seen quite a few 100 out of 100 at 50' with those.

yup the previous owner sowed me some of his scores from the past.... this rifle has been around and has seen plenty of use. The sear was replaced in 1994 at perry(per owners word) and I have a spare sear and trigger assembly also. I have been through the rifle and have found bits and pieces for specifications.

another trip ...... now that I have settled on ammo I can now mark my base zero and hope to avoid the " out side the ten ring" shots and readjusting. 25 shots 5 sighters and the 20 for score....not to bad.
prone with sling 100 yards

Last edited:

just a little fun posting bought a cheap scope that fits all but the tightest of 22 bores

as old and well used as it is it can still post ok , well if i remember to come up on the rear sight.
yesterday morning chilly and breezy with SK standard plus ammo 100 yards sitting at bench with sandbag supporting my front arm. They deserve to be shot
Duv0bPZ.jpg

so my 513t has become my little mini Fclass (F for fun)
Burris signature rings, Mueller 8x32x44
Picked up some tenex. Was able to get 25 rounds down range and zero it today. Post a few pics in a bit.

I always liked the 513T, we ran 4 of them for the kids rifle team years back. Gillions of rounds downrange.

Disassemble and keep an eye on the sear, they tend to fracture. Might be good to order a spare.

Disassemble and keep an eye on the sear, they tend to fracture. Might be good to order a spare.

Good advice. I've always considered that for older firearms such as these classics, that you should lay in a small supply of those parts which, if they should break, might not be readily available otherwise.

for a 72 year old rifle with countless rounds of ammo and questionable bore maintenance over its life time and the current condition of the bore as seen in the video above its still a good shooter.
my last 5 rounds before i had to run back to work. I was trying to wait until the wind died out. I ended up shooting between gust. The shot to the right was my last shot and as I was setting up i felt the breeze coming. instead of backing off i tried to beat the wind. did not happen.
w4G95uBh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom