1940 German Luger Help

I need help with this. My 86 year old neighbor gave it to me, but it has parts with it in the holster. It is in great shape but i would like to get it back together. It is a WW2 spoils of war with no import marks

Congratulations on your gift. Lugers are interesting pistols with a ton of collector interest.

Check here first:

http://www.surplusrifle.com/pistolp08luger/disassemble/index.asp

If you still can't figure out where the part goes post pictures of it here and I'll try to walk you through it.

Double check to see if all the numbers on the frame and small parts match. If they do you may not want to shoot it. Matching number Lugers are prized by collectors. If one of the matching number parts breaks (and they can break), it will reduce the value of the gun considerably.

Very nice! The external parts that I can see from your pics are matching. Pictures are dark so it's tough to say if it's original finish. When you get comfortable with disassembly/reassembly you can check the internal parts (firing pin/striker, inside of grips, toggle link sections, etc.) for the # stamps. If you remove the grips be very careful with the left side. Maneuver it gently around the safety catch so you don't take a chip out of the wood (called the "Million dollar chip" since it is said that it has collectively reduced the value of all the Lugers it happens to by a million dollars).

I've gotten a lot of info from this board:

http://luger.gunboards.com/

These guys know their Lugers!

neighbor GAVE it to you? Man, I have to start getting friendly with all the folks in my neighborhood.
I just aquired my first Luger from one of our fellow NESers. The history and the unique design of the Luger fascinate me.

No offense Dude, but you suck. You really suck.

Also, It's spelled Luger, with an "e". I fixed your post.

You're welcome.

You got a free one and you can't even spell it. Life is not fair.

No offense Dude, but you suck. You really suck.

Also, It's spelled Luger, with an "e". I fixed your post.

You're welcome.

You got a free one and you can't even spell it. Life is not fair.

Thank you and no offence taken. I hope to meet you at a shoot so you can try it

Back
Top Bottom