1935 Chilean Mauser Carbine

In 1935, Mauser Oberndorf was contracted by the government of Chile to build 10,000 new carbines. The guns were provided to the Carabineros de Chile, a military styled investigative police force under the Ministry of the Interior. The Carabineros covered much of the rugged and remote countryside by horseback, and the side mounted sling was handy.

The crossed rifle logo of the police force is nicely stamped on the receiver ring, with the slogan "Orden Y Patria", which translates to honor and homeland. The Mauser banner is stamped on the rear bridge. Although modern firearms have replaced the bolt action rifle, the carbine is still used for training and parade purposes today.

4EqCOjyl.jpg

wclOj4kl.jpg

A small number of these were surplussed to the US, circa 2005. Mine is a numbers matching unit, save for the missing cleaning rod.

Some pics, enjoy, and thanks for looking.

qFYlJsnl.jpg

Ip08WoEl.jpg

TBn5Fmql.jpg

35EMq7tl.jpg

N68HZvWl.jpg

pSz6cJ8l.jpg

trHPEx8l.jpg

KJrmakdl.jpg

Bk0v5yRl.jpg

wwcRTJtl.jpg

aR0WuGel.jpg

sMLA5akl.jpg

Orl6DaFl.jpg

IfwHtlYl.jpg

nwarOS3l.jpg

a2ESeArl.jpg

8GtXFK6l.jpg

OTs8Iral.jpg

864BgiIl.jpg

MDZMAXKl.jpg

GZgb3JKl.jpg

Good find, I have the same exact rifle with the matching cleaning rod, serial 765. It's in mint condition, and I'll never sell it. I have also seen a second one with the serial
500 something in Idaho, next time I am there I will snag it and fly it home. Thanks for reminding me !

Back
Top Bottom