WTS 1918 Roma Carcano Mochetto Modificato T1

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
New Bedford, MA

Description :

Interesting variation of the Carcano. WWI showed that long rifles (Fucil in Italian) were awkward in combat and carbines were the future. European powers began shortening their existing long rifles in addition to producing new carbines (Mochetto in Italian). Starting in 1925 Italy began this process. This piece was born a Roma arsenal long rifle in 1918 with the conversion done at the Terni arsenal in 1927, shortening the barrel to 18 inches from 30.7. Note it retains the long rifle rear sight. This type is known as a T1 as they could have provisions for either a side sling mount, bottom mount, or both. The type 2 begun unofficially in 1928 had both mounts. In 1928 the carbine was also produced as its own model with a short rear sight for the first time, and rifle modificatos declined and eventually stopped. This rifle came with a side mount, but I found another M91 rear band so you can have either configuration. Receiver and stock matched at rebuild. Bore is decent; only shot it once. The modificato long rear sight carbines sell for much more than the purpose-built ones as they are obviously rarer. Package also includes an original bayonet and scabbard. I will include one enbloc clip. Only need one Carcano right now; I'm still finishing up the 1937 Pontiac restoration going on two and a half years now. Price is what I have into it; I never make a profit here at NES.

Accessories :

1942 C. Giotti bayonet
1943 Brescia scabbard
Reproduction German frog
M91 rear band low sling mount

Selling Terms, Price :

$650 cash; will ship, but shipping extra
C&R welcome, FFL transfer your choice on your dime.

Contact Information:

PM here

Pictures: (optional)

Statement of Legal compliance:
I will comply with all Federal and State Laws. If the firearm is to be shipped, you must provide me with a signed copy of your dealer's FFL (or your 03FFL if this is a Curio and Relic). For private party face-to-face transactions (only permitted by Fed law when both buyer and seller live in same state), I will meet all applicable state and federal laws.

When ammunition, magazines or other regulated items are sold/bought or traded as part of this transaction, I agree to follow all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to these items.

Attachments

• IMG_0493.jpeg
    IMG_0493.jpeg
    481.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0489.jpeg
    IMG_0489.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0488.jpeg
    IMG_0488.jpeg
    479.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0491.jpeg
    IMG_0491.jpeg