1911 S&W 5" barrel Holster Recommendations

Any good holsters for IPSC and general range use for a S&W 1911 with a 5 inch barrel? Oh, and under $100

I would start with an "Uncle Mike's" kydex holster for about $20.00. These are excellent holsters for the money and a great place to start. After you have some match experience you may want to upgrade based on what you have observed. My point is that you do not want to spend a lot of money until you have enough experience to make an informed decision. No matter what holster you choose you will need a quality, rigid belt to support it. The belt is just as important as the holster.

Talon Tactical makes a good Kydex holster at a fair price. For what Mike Charges you can get a holster and Mag Holders for under $100 and they will last. They are useable for USPSA and IDPA. I have used his gear for a long time and like it. Talontactical.com and the turn around time is usually less than 2 weeks

If you want to shoot Single Stack, the Uncle Mike's kydex is a great holster. It meets the specs for Single Stack.
If you want to shoot IDPA, the Uncle Mike's is not legal.

Funny- so many choices... I use Comp-Tac for all my holsters. I've used Talon and some others as they are good too. I use Ready Tactical pouches- just like the design the best (from http://www.cpwsa.com/). YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom