1911 ejector too long?

As some of you may know I recently finished building an officer's size 1911. Everything works flawlessly except for one thing...I am not able to eject a live round. Ten out of ten times the round will get lodged in the eject port in such a way that they only thing I can do it to remove the mag and push the round down and out through the grip. I know that it is the ejector that is causing the problem. It is funny how I just noticed the problem but none of the snap caps I tested with had this issue. It turns out that the snap caps are quite a bit shorter than my live .45 rounds. Go figure.

Anyhow, I am going to shorten the ejector pin a bit but would like to know whether there that could cause any side effects.

Everything works flawlessly except for one thing...I am not able to eject a live round. .... It turns out that the snap caps are quite a bit shorter than my live .45 rounds. Go figure.

I have no idea as to the answer to your question but was wondering is this factory ammo or your reloads?

you can shorten the ejector, you may have to tune the ejector to get the proper ejection path

or you could open up the ejection port on the slide

As some of you may know I recently finished building an officer's size 1911. Everything works flawlessly except for one thing...I am not able to eject a live round. Ten out of ten times the round will get lodged in the eject port in such a way that they only thing I can do it to remove the mag and push the round down and out through the grip. I know that it is the ejector that is causing the problem. It is funny how I just noticed the problem but none of the snap caps I tested with had this issue. It turns out that the snap caps are quite a bit shorter than my live .45 rounds. Go figure.

Anyhow, I am going to shorten the ejector pin a bit but would like to know whether there that could cause any side effects.

Shortening the ejector won't have any undue side effects as it will still out perform the stock ejector.

Back
Top Bottom