• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AUTISM FUNDRAISER MATCH HARVARD SPORTSMEN'S CLUB 4-07-12

Donations of a Spyderco knife and Gift certificate (for Lessons and or Products) are on the way from DZT.

Thanks for putting this together for such a great cause.

I have never shot uspsa just IDPA . This does look more fun. Can I use my IDPA gear or do I need to obtain different stuff? Can I use my g34 or 9mm Trojan? I do have .45's too. Looks as if you can have no limit of mags and or rounds, but what's the min people use. Just trying to get a grasp of this.

I have never shot uspsa just IDPA . This does look more fun. Can I use my IDPA gear or do I need to obtain different stuff? Can I use my g34 or 9mm Trojan? I do have .45's too. Looks as if you can have no limit of mags and or rounds, but what's the min people use. Just trying to get a grasp of this.

Either the G34 or 9mm Trojan are fine. If I were you, I'd shoot the G34 in production. Your IDPA gear is fine, just leave the stylish vest at home. You'll need a few extra mags. I like to have 4 on the belt for production plus one in the gun to start. Let your squadmates know you're new to USPSA and they'll help you out with the rules differences. The short version is, shoot the stage however you think is the fastest, dropping mags whenever you want and not worrying about cover. Just stay within the fault lines and shoot them as you see them.

Either the G34 or 9mm Trojan are fine. If I were you, I'd shoot the G34 in production. Your IDPA gear is fine, just leave the stylish vest at home. You'll need a few extra mags. I like to have 4 on the belt for production plus one in the gun to start. Let your squadmates know you're new to USPSA and they'll help you out with the rules differences. The short version is, shoot the stage however you think is the fastest, dropping mags whenever you want and not worrying about cover. Just stay within the fault lines and shoot them as you see them.

Can I use my large cap mags?

Another question I had for SS is the beltfed quad holder from comptac good? What do others use

Hi Scott,

This will be my first USPSA match as well. I just got a G34 but not used to it so I'll use my SIG226. Regarding the G34, I thought it's not production due to lenght of barrell. Is that correct?

See you there,
Brian

The G 34 is legal in the US only. For some reason the USPSA BOD created their own Production Division, not to be confused with the IPSC division of the same name.

The G 34 is legal in the US only. For some reason the USPSA BOD created their own Production Division, not to be confused with the IPSC division of the same name.

With the exception of full capacity mags in IPSC production, there is no good reason to use IPSC rules over USPSA. There are only a handfull of IPSC sanctioned matches held in the USA.

With the exception of full capacity mags in IPSC production, there is no good reason to use IPSC rules over USPSA. There are only a handfull of IPSC sanctioned matches held in the USA.

It's not full capacity any more, they limited to 15. The problem was you weren't allowed to modify mags to increase capacity, so everyone moved to the 2 or 3 guns with the highest factory capacity.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

It's not full capacity any more, they limited to 15. The problem was you weren't allowed to modify mags to increase capacity, so everyone moved to the 2 or 3 guns with the highest factory capacity.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
Thanks Jeff. Obviously I have no intention of attending a World Shoot.

Back
Top Bottom