130gr .356 load data please

Hello this is my first post on nes. I am looking for a load data for a 130gr .356 jacketed or lead round nose using bullseye or unique powder, please. Or if you would let me know of a better powder for this application i would greatly appreciate your advice. Thank you for your help. [wave] God Bless you and your loved ones, be safe. Btw i will be using a .38 super colt according to the serial number it was made in 1938 😱😱😱😱😱

audaciousnightowl

Attachments

• B9A686CA-77E7-4592-883A-028443CF8C66.jpeg
    B9A686CA-77E7-4592-883A-028443CF8C66.jpeg
    22.2 KB · Views: 12
Hello this is my first post on nes. I am looking for a load data for a 130gr .356 jacketed or lead round nose using bullseye or unique powder, please. Or if you would let me know of a better powder for this application i would greatly appreciate your advice. Thank you for your help. [wave] God Bless you and your loved ones, be safe. Btw i will be using a .38 super colt according to the serial number it was made in 1938 😱😱😱😱😱

audaciousnightowl
Thank you very much kind sir! Please be safe mr. spangler, how long have you been on NES I’m about a few years just for reading posts. my name is Shawn, I heard this caliber was Dillinger’s favorite... a bit extreme lmao!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• FCC98710-02E1-4E28-ABF0-D0321603020A.jpeg
    FCC98710-02E1-4E28-ABF0-D0321603020A.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 8
Thank you very much kind sir! Please be safe mr. spangler, how long have you been on NES I’m about a few years just for reading posts. my name is Shawn, I heard this caliber was Dillinger’s favorite... a bit extreme lmao!!! 🤣🤣🤣
Far too long. 😂
Thank you for the kind words sir.
Its a pretty serious cartridge for sure.

i just picked up that 358480 mold in the data above , might get to casting them soon. I will be running them in my tiny little revolver.
Hello mr. spangler is molding bullets difficult? Just curious... btw am i green? Hahaha still new at this place although ive been visiting since 2010. Just goes to show you how much i had visited hahaha

thank you
Shawn
God Bless yall 😇😇😇😀😀😀😀

Hello mr. spangler is molding bullets difficult? Just curious... btw am i green? Hahaha still new at this place although ive been visiting since 2010. Just goes to show you how much i had visited hahaha

thank you
Shawn
God Bless yall 😇😇😇😀😀😀😀

Looks green to me!

Not hard at all. Keep an eye on this forum and you will see a bullet casting seminar around October. It's an all day event and you should walk away with enough knowledge to make your own.

OHHH nice.
I just smelted up a bunch of WW that @1919FAN scored a ways back. I mixed in all of my random bits and piece of lead, some shot, some solder, and some old bullets.
It was a nice little side project for the day.

OHHH nice.
I just smelted up a bunch of WW that @1919FAN scored a ways back. I mixed in all of my random bits and piece of lead, some shot, some solder, and some old bullets.
DDB082B3-2A67-4928-9857-DA85696B2269.jpeg
Molds just getting up to temp. Alloy is pretty hard vs my Faux Lyman #2 also dropping on the light side It also melted at a lower temp closer to linotype was going molten at 550ish
348480 is 130grain vs 133gn listed with lyman #2
358242 Ideal on the right is just coming in a 90 vs 95 grains
Both are dropping .358-.359”
That Lyman 4 cav is a beast and a work out to use.

OHHH nice.
I got a box of random started....I could probably Smelt scrap/ww all week, its just to cold waste of propane. I wonder what a 220v smelting pot would cost to run
peHyAPZl.jpg

I got a box of random started....I could probably Smelt scrap/ww all week, its just to cold waste of propane. I wonder what a 220v smelting pot would cost to run
peHyAPZl.jpg
Nice!
A few guys on castboolits have set them up with big band heaters. I did the math on my electric heat treating furnace at once point. It was cheap to run. Even running 2000 degrees it wasn’t expensive.
I bet an induction furnace would be the bees knees.

Nice!
A few guys on castboolits have set them up with big band heaters. I did the math on my electric heat treating furnace at once point. It was cheap to run. Even running 2000 degrees it wasn’t expensive.
I bet an induction furnace would be the bees knees.
yeah I seen some inductive furnaces but on a small scale -10lbs but no easy way to poor ignots. I would like a pot that can be tilted or bottom poor.

Anything big enough to hold 30# or more are expensive

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom