-

The Mossberg 590, 590A1 are great shotguns. They will work every time and they are mil spec heavy duty. They can be had for 500 or less. I have owned all the defensive shotguns you can think of, but this is the one I keep.

Attachments

• 590A1.jpg
    590A1.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 18
The question to ask yourself is, "What do I want this for?" The suggestion of a Remington 1187 is an excellentone for an all-around. all-purpose shotgun. But if you're thinking more specifically you'll probably narrow your choices. Auto-loaders can sometimes present their own problems that you might not want in, say, a self-defense gun. But this just gives us more excuses for buying more guns! Good luck with your search.

The Mossberg 590, 590A1 are great shotguns. They will work every time and they are mil spec heavy duty. They can be had for 500 or less. I have owned all the defensive shotguns you can think of, but this is the one I keep.

I had a few 590s. Regular and the A1 version. Heavy and not very versatile for me. It was cool looking and held 9 rds in the tube. If all I shot was slugs and buckshot at man targets and stabbed cabbage this one would be the one to get.

I am tempted to throw some money out and try one of the New England Firearms Autoloaders I am really pleased with my 20g single shot from them.

Back
Top Bottom