What is your oldest firearm?

IMG_2908_Original.jpeg 1967 S&W Model 10-5 k frame 2 inch barrel. It was a pawn shop find for about $400. Which I consider a more than fair price. I have since reblued it (it actually looks pretty good!) and bobbed the hammer. This was the gun many detectives carried back in the day. Atleast before TV went to J frame revolvers for everyone.

Oldest for me is carcano cavalry carbine, 1900 from Terni arsenal. I have no idea how my little guido ancestors could operate the cock on opening bolt that requires herculean effort.

Harpers Ferry Flintlock Pistol, 1808:

full

Frank

I have 3 muskets, one is new, another is around the bicentennial. And one is something I just picked up and have not identified yet, but working on it.

My oldest are probably either my Carcano or M48 mauser. I also have an old 20g single shot that I don't know the year of, need to look into that as well.
I have two M48A Mausers, one is Factory SN 1299.

I was going to post something about my late 40's Remington Speedmaster but then started reading....damn there are some old firearms in the back of the NES safe. Impressive.

Late '40s is fine!

I think it might be just as interesting to post our youngest firearms, lol. I've got a Galil Ace I never shoot and a SIG from 2015, but other than that my youngest was made in 1996 or so, from what I can tell. The vast majority of my stuff is pre-1990.

Late '40s is fine!

I think it might be just as interesting to post our youngest firearms, lol. I've got a Galil Ace I never shoot and a SIG from 2015, but other than that my youngest was made in 1996 or so, from what I can tell. The vast majority of my stuff is pre-1990.
Oldest & Youngest together photo op... I like it.

Egyptian Remington rolling block in .43 Egyptian. 1870's
Dude, nice. I have been wanting to buy an Argentine rolling block.

Most of the rifles I find are beat to sh*t. I wouldn't mind that if someone in the area could do bluing and wood work. I would love to have it look like new.

Dude, nice. I have been wanting to buy an Argentine rolling block.

Most of the rifles I find are beat to sh*t. I wouldn't mind that if someone in the area could do bluing and wood work. I would love to have it look like new.
You should've seen what it looked like when I got it. Some steel wool and elbow grease made it look ok.

Back
Top Bottom