Registering completed AR-15 build?

Thank you. Do you recommend (if possible) to have the FFL put this info on the form when buying future stripped lower to avoid "re-registration"?

Thank you. Do you recommend (if possible) to have the FFL put this info on the form when buying future stripped lower to avoid "re-registration"?

Nope, I suggest finding FFLs who understand the law and do NOT register improperly non-guns. I currently have 3 of these non-guns in my safe and none are registered. I'll register them when I finally build them into complete guns but not before, all in accordance with the law.

Granted, I am covered with my existing build based on how the FFL filled out the paperwork, provided I don't make any changes to it which I have no intention to (turn into a SBR etc thats a different bucket of worms).
Just want to verify for my next build, the stripped lower paperwork should not show a barrel length or caliber and then when the build is complete the rifle should be registered, correct? I too want the completed build to be within the accordance of the law as well. That was my intention with the first one.
This states wonderful laws put the law abiding on the wrong side unintentionally.

Even if you change the gun (upper length, caliber) there is NO requirement to file additional FA-10s. It's a one-time deal.

I own a TC Contender that was purchased with 2 bbls, the FFL chose to register it with the .44Mag bbl which to this day has NEVER been installed on that gun. No big deal.

Thanks for your help. On my next stripped lower build I will see how the FFL fills out the paperwork and register accordingly.

The screenshot of the registration on my iphone accidentaly erased when I was attempting to transfer data. Is there any way I can get a hard copy? who do I email?

The screenshot of the registration on my iphone accidentaly erased when I was attempting to transfer data. Is there any way I can get a hard copy? who do I email?
Pretty sure you can pay FRB for a copy, but why? There's no benefit to you. They're never going to rely on your screenshot to say "oh, well I guess you did register it, though we can't find it on our system..."

Pdf security settings can be removed in adobe acrobat.
this has nothing to do with mac. Dont blame apple for MIRCS garbage
Never trust security of document editing/prep applications. Also never trust that deleted text/images is not lurking somewhere in the file. A way to be sure is to scan a printout of the file rather than posting it directly.

Adam Savage has a similar problem when he posted some photos that contained metadata showing his apartment location.

Never trust security of document editing/prep applications. Also never trust that deleted text/images is not lurking somewhere in the file. A way to be sure is to scan a printout of the file rather than posting it directly.

Adam Savage has a similar problem when he posted some photos that contained metadata showing his apartment location.
10 year reply! Power move!

Back
Top Bottom