Prayer request: Medic down

Well, called the hospital today and asked to speak to head nurse. Since I'm the Doc's (Bozo's) health care proxy. I asked for Doc's nurse health-care update, yes he's "clear and alert"....lol You mean effed up on fentanyl and morphine? Tell me more....🤡

'Ok Sweetie, what's his ASA score for a 75 year old breathing cadaver for a leg rod-job under anesthesia?' No answer... So I elaborated, "Honey pick a number, 1 healthy- 6 brain dead", Nurse, can I get back to on that? I'd been texting the Doc cracking his nuts all morning, a quote from him, "they can't know I'm laughing, I won't get my 'vitamins F&M". I elaborated on ASA scores and my best guess was a 98% chance he would not survive an operation & 100% sure if he didn't, he was proper effed. He laughed when I told him the odds, 'all systems go....God Bless our Medics

The Doc is the calm in the center of a medical hurricane at the hospital. So far he's had 2 junkies for roommates. The current being an 78 year old Keith Richards lookalike, squirming like an earthworm. The room next to him is a covid patient and the rest of the ward has quote, "the flu". I quickly looked up the current CDC flu map and I told him bullshit, it's the China virus, kung flu.
Prior to the operation, I was tasked with explaining to him his ASA numbers and his copious co-morbiditys, along with his 2 pack a day smoking habit. So I was shocked when he me called after the successful operation, seems he failed to mention to the surgeon he was a smoker. He fesses up after the operation and the Dr. said "I wouldn't have operated if I knew that"...lol

Based upon his multiple comorbidities, where he's been and what he's done, I'd say making it to his 77th birthday plus, it's nothing short of a miracle!

May Doc H rest in eternal peace. A job well done Doc!

After my arrest on bogus fabricated gun charges in 2017, The Doc Was the first one to show up on station with a 8K in cash so I could hire defense attorney after my ex emptied all my bank accounts. It wasn’t for him. I’ll probably still be in jail. I paid him back with interest.

He was a bit of a rascal, but a rascal I that I knew had a huge heart. He never got over his war experiences as a medic in the Delta in the mini Tet Offensive in May 1968, where he took in RPD round in the back hoisting an IV bag for one of his men under intense fire. No greater love.

The 'Doc' has shed this mortal coil, one month after 77th birthday and two weeks before Memorial Day. He had a good run. RIP 'Doc H' 🇺🇸 3rd/39th, 9th INF RVN 1968
Damn, sorry for the loss of your buddy :(

Sounds like you were an awesome friend and made his life better all the way to the end.

RIP Doc

Back
Top Bottom