Chicago DA Says Illegal Guns, Drugs and Stolen Property Discovered during Routine Traffic Stops Will Not Be Treated as Offences

Reptile

NES Member
Such prosecutions have a "disproportionate effect on black and brown communities", the Soros-funded DA said

Chicago District Attorney Kim Foxx has introduced a draft policy that will see prosecutions as a result of traffic stops drastically reduced, in a bid to reduce the “disproportionate impact on black and brown communities.”

Routine traffic stops, including stops where illegal weapons, drugs and stolen property are found, will not be prosecuted.

“Doing these searches—again, searches that have a disproportionate impact on black and brown communities—that don’t have a net safety benefit, we should not do that,” Foxx said in an interview with a local Chicago news station.

Continues...

Such prosecutions have a "disproportionate effect on black and brown communities", the Soros-funded DA said

Chicago District Attorney Kim Foxx has introduced a draft policy that will see prosecutions as a result of traffic stops drastically reduced, in a bid to reduce the “disproportionate impact on black and brown communities.”

Routine traffic stops, including stops where illegal weapons, drugs and stolen property are found, will not be prosecuted.

“Doing these searches—again, searches that have a disproportionate impact on black and brown communities—that don’t have a net safety benefit, we should not do that,” Foxx said in an interview with a local Chicago news station.

Continues...
How is this not a 4th violation, if I get stopped and they find drugs and an illegal gun I go to jail, but if a "disadvantaged" person does they get off free.

It's time for NH, ME, VT, and upstate NY to form the FSOA (Free States Of America) and secede from the USA, in a peaceful and politically correct manner. To be clear, I prefer to fix the issues in the USA, but it's looking like having a good plan B is a good idea.

It's time for NH, ME, VT, and upstate NY to form the FSOA (Free States Of America) and secede from the USA, in a peaceful and politically correct manner. To be clear, I prefer to fix the issues in the USA, but it's looking like having a good plan B is a good idea.

The trustafarian bleeding hearts wouldn’t want to be part of that. You should see the issues they are now having in VT since the DEI woke mob took over.

How is this not a 4th violation, if I get stopped and they find drugs and an illegal gun I go to jail, but if a "disadvantaged" person does they get off free.

Don't forget N central Ma!

Chicago might as well be in Mexico as far as I'm concerned. I'll never go there and could not care any less about the place. I wish them luck in destroying the lives of the people who voted for them.

There are two ways to reduce the disprortionate effect of gun laws on what I will call "diverse persons".

One is to give them a pass. The other is to be aggressive about prosecuting non-diverse people so you can work the numerator in addition to the denominator of the ratio.

I wonder if the same non-prosecution consideration is going to be given to IL CCW holders who violate one of the nearly ubiquitous 3"x5" no guns signs you see on entrances to Chicago businesses and hotels, and that have the statutory force of law behind them. (I think the state even provides the stickert). If one goes about routine activities in Chicago (shopping, visiting restaurants, etc.) a CCW is nearly useless because of these legally binding signs.

My boss said a friend of his is a homicide Detective in Chicago and has been for some years.

Murder suspects are being given severely reduced charges and getting a tracking bracelet/anklet thrown on them and put back on the streets. He is seeking early retirement.

Chicago is a lost cause. I can't wait to see what happens during the DNC.

Well, if you take ME, VT and upstate NY out of the equation, you might have "a" Free State of America. If you keep ME, VT (and NY laws), you'll still have all of the moonbats who ruined those states.

As usual, when you see a sensational headline like this, you should go to the source. Draft of proposed policy here:

Infowars fails to mention that the draft policy does not apply to moving violations. Instead, it is limited to "non-public-safety" violations.

The CPD has effectively admitted it uses minor vehicle infractions as a pretext to stop people without reasonable suspicion or probable cause. A recent example occurred in the Dexter Reed case, where a tactical team pulled Reed over on a claimed seat belt violation, despite the Reed's car having dark tinted windows. Reed then Darwinated himself. A Civilian Review board
recommended that 4 officers involved be suspended pending an investigation.

There was also a recent court case, State vs. Carpenter, where the appellate court tossed weapons convictions in part based on a recognition of "driving while black."

I don't agree that police should turn a blind eye to evidence they find in clear sight after a legitimate traffic stop. But I also don't agree that cops should be allowed to invent an excuse to pull anyone over (black, white, or purple) and tear apart the passenger compartment looking for contraband.

As usual, when you see a sensational headline like this, you should go to the source. Draft of proposed policy here:

Infowars fails to mention that the draft policy does not apply to moving violations. Instead, it is limited to "non-public-safety" violations.

The CPD has effectively admitted it uses minor vehicle infractions as a pretext to stop people without reasonable suspicion or probable cause. A recent example occurred in the Dexter Reed case, where a tactical team pulled Reed over on a claimed seat belt violation, despite the Reed's car having dark tinted windows. Reed then Darwinated himself. A Civilian Review board
recommended that 4 officers involved be suspended pending an investigation.

There was also a recent court case, State vs. Carpenter, where the appellate court tossed weapons convictions in part based on a recognition of "driving while black."

I don't agree that police should turn a blind eye to evidence they find in clear sight after a legitimate traffic stop. But I also don't agree that cops should be allowed to invent an excuse to pull anyone over (black, white, or purple) and tear apart the passenger compartment looking for contraband.
I don't believe they can actually do that. Don't say they wouldn't, but not sure it would be legal. I think you would have to give them permission

I don't believe they can actually do that. Don't say they wouldn't, but not sure it would be legal. I think you would have to give them permission

They can and they do. In the case I linked to, there was no evidence introduced that Carpenter consented to the search, and one Chicago alderman called such stops "an essential tool to get illegal guns off our streets" and a Chicago Tribune editorial stated: "but in everyday Chicago, police view traffic stops as a crucial way of getting dangerous guns off the streets."

The following link gives the rules police are supposed to follow when it comes to warrantless searches of the passenger compartment. Cops aren't supposed to lie on the stand either, but when a cop testifies to a "a reasonable and articulable suspicion," it's after their "hunch" was proven correct.

Politician's doing illegal stuff and the police being told to do illegal stuff.
All the while both are being paid to represent you and protect your safety..
Welcome to Chicago. Exit stage left...

automobile exception​

Primary tabs​

The "automobile exception" is an exception to the general requirement of a warrant for searches and seizures under the Fourth Amendment. Under the exception, a vehicle may be searched without a warrant when evidence or contraband may possibly be removed from the scene due to the mobility of a vehicle such that it is not practical to secure a warrant without jeopardizing the potential evidence.
For instance, the automobile exception allows an officer to make a warrantless traffic stop and search a truck of a vehicle when gun parts were observed in plain view on the front seat of the vehicle.
Notably, the automobile exception applies to all types of automobiles and the vehicle does not need to be in operation for the exception to apply. For example, the automobile exception has been found to apply to parked motor homes.
Nonetheless, while the automobile exception grants a police officer the right to search a vehicle, that right is not absolute. The Supreme Court held that a lockbox or other container within a vehicle cannot be searched without a warrant unless there exists separate probable cause to believe contraband is hidden within them.

Of course, we know that they will manage to "find" "separate probable cause".

Back
Top Bottom