• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Zytel Knives

I am a knife dealer. Those are cheap, poor quality (but not the poorest) knives, but sometimes thats all you need so as long as it fits the task at hand, go for it.

--Mike

I have one and they're fun to play with but I wouldn't count on it for a defensive situation. Feels to me like the blade would easily break from the handle.

I also have Cold Steel non metallic Tanto knives and they are definitely a serious weapon. You can sharpen them with fine sandpaper enough to where they'll cut skin fairly easy and they feel strong.

I bought 2. One to put through tests and one to keep mint. The test knife has gone through drywall, been thrown, beat on, resharpened and it still is useable.

http://www.coldsteel.com/nise.html

I had one of those too. Used it for opening letters. Definitely not a serious weapon, although I wouldn't want to let someone take a shot at me with one either (referring to the Blackie Collins folder.

I had a Cold Steel non-metallic and like Milsurps said, that will hurt someone if you stab them with it.

I have a Benchmade Reflex Auto which has been my go-to pocket knife since 1994. In that time I've replaced the main spring once and broken approx 1mm off the tip but the knife still runs like a charm. It's relatively tight given its age and it's still razor sharp and holds a great edge. I paid about $120 something about 14 years ago. Today I think it's still well under $200. I'd recommend it with no reservations. Hell, Ive had two new cars come and go in that time.

I had a fixed blade one for years, don't remember the make...called 'CIA letteropener"

Word of caution...even though there's no metal in these knives, take one thru security at an airport and you get a 'go to jail' card.

I have a Benchmade Reflex Auto which has been my go-to pocket knife since 1994. In that time I've replaced the main spring once and broken approx 1mm off the tip but the knife still runs like a charm. It's relatively tight given its age and it's still razor sharp and holds a great edge. I paid about $120 something about 14 years ago. Today I think it's still well under $200. I'd recommend it with no reservations. Hell, Ive had two new cars come and go in that time.

Thanks but I was not looking for a recommendation just a report on the above.

I have serious knives that I like from Buck, Masters of Defense, Benchmade and more. I came across these and was just wondering about them. I am a believer you get what you pay for and for $12 you don't get much [wink]

Back
Top Bottom