• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ZQI Ammo leaving Walmart

From their facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ZQI-Ammunition/199504356925348

ZQI Ammunition
March 23 at 4:42pm ·
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Though the supply of ZQI 5.56 x 45 mm SS109 dwindles in Walmart stores, we are committed to making it available for purchase indefinitely through our website, ZQIammo.com. We are aware that Walmart’s low retail price compelled many of you to make ZQI your go-to 5.56 ammo, and we appreciate the many positive reviews and encouragements by which you have welcomed us to the marketplace. At this point of transition for our company, we want you to know that $0.33/round was a Walmart-initiated clearance price that is not possible for us to replicate without going out of business. That said, we know price is a significant driving factor in the transaction of any commodity, and though we will not be able to approach the prices at which Walmart was willing to part with ZQI products, we will nonetheless strive, going forward, to ensure the prices we do offer are competitive when viewed against a backdrop of the overall market. At the same time, we hope you will consider the following non-monetary reasons to continue buying ZQI Ammunition…
1) As our customer you have unlimited phone and email access to a real person who can answer your questions, discuss ammunition and firearms in technical detail, and take your comments and suggestions seriously.
2) We offer high-quality products that we stand behind. We expect each of our ammunition products to perform to the relevant standard, and will entertain requests for product replacement or reimbursement if it is evident that our ammunition was the cause of a repeated stoppage or malfunction.
3) You can rest assured that the owners and employees of ZQI Ammunition are principled business people who are committed to providing ammunition products to our fellow Americans for the long haul. We are ardent supporters of the U.S. Constitution and the traditional values that made our country great in the first place.

It's ok ammo. But if they're priced just as the competition, it won't be my first choice.

their Facebook page is total lulz. So many fanbois trying to defend ZQI price gouging their customers. never knew an ammo company had so much loyal groupies ready to fellate them.

Swinging from bottom market to top market pricing is an epic fail (as my kids say). Someone should have realized that no matter how good their product was, they couldn't possibly convince people it was suddenly worth 50% more to the consumer. Never should have agreed to the deal with Walmart. It's like a limo company doing a Groupon. It will never give ROI.

While I didn't have problems with their rifle ammo, the pistol ammo is garbage. It is their 123gn 9mm NATO rounds. Brass cased. Multiple failures to fire in my 9mm SR9c. The primer was dented but the round didn't fire. It would sometimes fire a second time. It totally jammed up my P938. The case expanded in the chamber so much that the extractor was not able to remove the round and thus I got a double feed. I mistakenly let the slide drop on the stuck case and the gun was inoperable as I wasn't able to get the slide to move for some time. Luckily another NES'r was at the range and we were able to get it unstuck.

I've got like 80 rounds of it and I don't want to shoot any of it now.

It's great stuff for .33 a round, not .50

Wonder if this is some kind of marketing BS.

Quick.. Let's all get to Walmart.

While I didn't have problems with their rifle ammo, the pistol ammo is garbage. It is their 123gn 9mm NATO rounds. Brass cased. Multiple failures to fire in my 9mm SR9c. The primer was dented but the round didn't fire. It would sometimes fire a second time. It totally jammed up my P938. The case expanded in the chamber so much that the extractor was not able to remove the round and thus I got a double feed. I mistakenly let the slide drop on the stuck case and the gun was inoperable as I wasn't able to get the slide to move for some time. Luckily another NES'r was at the range and we were able to get it unstuck.

Stuff works great in my Glocks, with an occasional fire failure, but that's about it.

-Mike

Though the supply of ZQI 5.56 x 45 mm SS109 dwindles in Walmart stores, we are committed to making it available for purchase indefinitely through our website, ZQIammo.com...
Committed to selling to MA residents...? We shall see...

I had the same problem with my Rock Island compact 1911, hard primers. My son has run better than 1000 rounds of ZQ1 9mm thru his S&W with not even a hiccup.

I wish we had had some more time that day, I would have loved to pound some of that through my XDm, since that gun eats anything. Did you get into the striker channel on the Ruger to see if it was gummed up?

I liked their 5.56 but only when i could get it for $9.99/30rounds. Their ammo isn't worth what they charge on their website. You can get 5.56 with Lake City brass for cheaper. I'm hoping to get my 550b set up for pumping out 5.56/.223 reloads by the time I run out of what I have anyway.

I wish we had had some more time that day, I would have loved to pound some of that through my XDm, since that gun eats anything. Did you get into the striker channel on the Ruger to see if it was gummed up?

Yea I took it apart that night. Was quite clean considering I hadn't taken the striker out in some time. There were no bits of brass in there like when I first took it apart several hundred rounds after getting the gun new. Someone above mentioned they had hard primers which must be the issue, at least with the SR9c.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't buy any ammo from Walfart, so no big deal.
Walmart ANYTHING is sub standard..

I buy federal champion from walmart and have never had a problem in at this point, thousands of rounds. The only reason I bought the ZQI 9mm was because it was even cheaper than the federal which aside from Tula is already the cheapest.

Walmart usually tells the supplier what price they Walmart will buy for. This sounds like ZQIs attempt at playing hardball. Much like the people who go into a gun shop thinking that 4 seasons should give them $800 for their Gen 2 Glock 17.

Bring it to MWSA on Sunday and we'll run it through my suppressed 9mm AR [smile]

I like finding ZQI brass. I've found it polishes and resizes nicely.

I'm sorry, did you say Friday? [laugh] I'd bring some factory just to try that thing out.

I noticed that the brass that jammed up Soloman's gun looked like it had a thinner wall than the Federal stuff he had or most of the mixed crap I reload. It was dirty, so maybe it was an illusion. I ended up with a few pieces of that brass that I'll have to get cleaned up and see what it looks like, as I don't remember seeing any of it in my range pick up pile.

I'm sorry, did you say Friday? [laugh] I'd bring some factory just to try that thing out.

I noticed that the brass that jammed up Soloman's gun looked like it had a thinner wall than the Federal stuff he had or most of the mixed crap I reload. It was dirty, so maybe it was an illusion. I ended up with a few pieces of that brass that I'll have to get cleaned up and see what it looks like, as I don't remember seeing any of it in my range pick up pile.

I wish I could take tomorrow off and go [thinking] It's a fun little gun, I think it's a 8" barrel. I haven't shot it in like a year and a half.

I wish I could take tomorrow off and go [thinking] It's a fun little gun, I think it's a 8" barrel. I haven't shot it in like a year and a half.

I hear ya... I may go down tomorrow for some indoor range time since the weather's gonna be shitty. Are you local to Barrington? I'll have to let you know when our private range opens up in (read: the mud is less than ankle deep) and we can meet up for some pew-pew-pew

The 7.62 Nato stuff has been trouble free and pretty consistent on velocity. Dirty though.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

I hear ya... I may go down tomorrow for some indoor range time since the weather's gonna be shitty. Are you local to Barrington? I'll have to let you know when our private range opens up in (read: the mud is less than ankle deep) and we can meet up for some pew-pew-pew

I'm in Derry, joined MWSA back when I was at UNH, then again when I was living in Dover. Its worth the drive for the 300yd range.

Deal. Let me know what time your gonna be there.

I'll shoot you a PM Saturday. I have some WECSOG work to do on a few of my rifles (un-Excruciathlonning them, etc), and I'm waiting for a box from PSA and another one from Cameraland with goodies. I'm taking a friend of mine on Sunday as a thank you for letting me run his GoPro last weekend at Excruciathlon. I'd guess around noon?

I'm in Derry, joined MWSA back when I was at UNH, then again when I was living in Dover. Its worth the drive for the 300yd range.

I'll shoot you a PM Saturday. I have some WECSOG work to do on a few of my rifles (un-Excruciathlonning them, etc), and I'm waiting for a box from PSA and another one from Cameraland with goodies. I'm taking a friend of mine on Sunday as a thank you for letting me run his GoPro last weekend at Excruciathlon. I'd guess around noon?

Noon sounds fine. I have no plans yet so the whole day is free. I will likely have a new Sig P320 to shoot as well [smile]

Committed to selling to MA residents...? We shall see...

How committed are they? It would be nice to see someone with deep pockets go through the legal process to get the de facto ban on shipping ammo to MA via mail order thrown out, which has no basis in law.

Back
Top Bottom