• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Zombies and tracers

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
It just occurs to me that while you don't necessarily need tracers if there's a zombie outbreak, it would be pretty cool. I mean, assuming your neighbors have already succumbed and you don't care about burning down the neighborhood.

826b6e636b5b4d807c2b488be1316d52.jpg

I fail to see the relationship between zombies and the need for tracers.

I fail to see the relationship between zombies and the need for tracers.

I said you don't need them, in fact it might draw them to your position, it would just be kind of cool to shoot the zombies with them. Am I the only one? Really? Maybe it would be useful in poor lighting conditions, after dark, if you're shooting from the hip.

Assuming zombies lack night vision gear, maybe you can source some IR-DIM Tracers?

You know what's really cool? 50 caliber APIT.

No extra damage to the zombie, unless he happens to be standing in front of a Porsche with a full gas tank...

I said you don't need them, in fact it might draw them to your position, it would just be kind of cool to shoot the zombies with them. Am I the only one? Really? Maybe it would be useful in poor lighting conditions, after dark, if you're shooting from the hip.

How many different camo patterns are you currently wearing?

During the Schenectady zombie outbreak of 1984, we used to smack holes in their noggins and plant a highway flare in the hole, then let them up.

They looked like little undead birthday cakes shuffling around until their craniums exploded like an M-80 flushed down the toilet.

ahhhh good times [cheers]

I dip all my tracers in zombie blood, so the zombies don't smell them coming.

It has the added benefit of turning bad humans into zombies right before they die. Fun to watch.

You know what's really cool? 50 caliber APIT.

No extra damage to the zombie, unless he happens to be standing in front of a Porsche with a full gas tank...

Ive always been curious if someones sternum or skull would set it off.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Bump.. Anyone know where I can get some tracers in MA-NH-ME?
22LR, 223, 9mm - whichever I can get my hands on.

Going shooting in rural Maine on private property, want to have some fun at night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump.. Anyone know where I can get some tracers in MA-NH-ME? 22LR, 223, 9mm - whichever I can get my hands on. Going shooting in rural Maine on private property, want to have some fun at night
New Hampshire being 80% forest, tracers aren't popular here; sometimes I see tracers for sale at Riley's. See also [thread=108933]this thread[/thread].

There's also "cold tracer" stickers, e.g. "Glow Ammo"

Last edited by a moderator:
New Hampshire being 80% forest, tracers aren't popular here; sometimes I see tracers for sale at Riley's. See also [thread=108933]this thread[/thread].

There's also "cold tracer" stickers, e.g. "Glow Ammo"

We're going up this Saturday and the forecast is supposed to be fairly wet, so fire hazard shouldn't be too big of an issue. But if it is, I'll make the call to bail on the idea. There is a pond that we shoot at a steep angle into, so that'll also work for our "night ops".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom