Zombie Annihilator Mega build thread

Completed my lower last night..... Ace Stock and RRA two stage National Match Trigger..... Now all I need is the 458 Socom upper.... Because I live in Mass I had to order it custom from RRA without the threaded barrel and flash hider.... Minimum 3 months wait.....[sad2]

Zombie Lower
Bushmaster LPK
Spikes Tactical M4 upper
Magpul OD pistol grip
OD Carbine stock
EOtech 512
KAC RAS
KAC forward grip
Matech BUIS

Completed my lower last night..... Ace Stock and RRA two stage National Match Trigger..... Now all I need is the 458 Socom upper.... Because I live in Mass I had to order it custom from RRA without the threaded barrel and flash hider.... Minimum 3 months wait.....[sad2]

Why didn't you just get a standard one and pin a brake to it?

Why didn't you just get a standard one and pin a brake to it?

Apparently they only come with threaded barrels..... RRA said I would have to special order one that was not threaded.... It's a PIA but hopefully will be worth the wait....[thinking]

Apparently they only come with threaded barrels..... RRA said I would have to special order one that was not threaded.... It's a PIA but hopefully will be worth the wait....[thinking]

I think what he was asking is why not get it with a threaded barrel and when you receive it have a compensator pinned and welded on? That way you get it a lot sooner.

I think what he was asking is why not get it with a threaded barrel and when you receive it have a compensator pinned and welded on? That way you get it a lot sooner.

Ah, didn't think to ask RRA that.... That's a great idea....[smile]

Will call monday and see.... Much appreciated! [wink]

Just make sure you don't have a lower around that's post ban so nobody questions you on constructive intent... so maybe have it shipped directly to the local Gunsmith that will pin it and pick it up once it is done and you are good to go.

Yup....that was what I was asking. Hope RRA found one for you,

Ok, spoke to RRA and it seems that the normal order lead time is 3 months whether I go with the normal threaded or not.... No price difference either.... Looks like I just have to be patient......[sad2]

Got my Zombie rifle together!

lunapic_130600343891306_2.JPG
  • Zombie lower
  • Ace stock
  • YHM rifle length rail forearm
  • 20" polished Remsport Stainless steel heavy barrel
  • Chrome Bolt
  • Group buy upper
  • Remsport lower parts kit
  • Simmons 44 MAG 6-21 magnification scope

So far just colored the BIO HAZARD symbol red, does not look good in the picture but looks sweet in person!

Definately head shots! I do not want any Zombies getting close to me. Just need a bipod now....

I used Radiant red Toyota tacoma touch up paint from my old truck. Painted the logo and kept gently wiping the surface with thinner to clean up the surface.

I need to work on a photo of the logo, the problem with photos is since it is gloss paint it reflects too much light.

Here's mine

Zombie_NES.jpg

AWS Zombie Lower
CMMG 9mm M4LE Upper w/MOE handguard
YHM Comp
Spike's Magwell
Spike's Buffer
RRA Dominator2 rear sight
ACE Entry Stock
Hogue Grip

I am FINALLY getting around to building my Zombie Annihilator rifle. I'm painting the engravings now and its coming out SHARP! More pictures to follow later! [smile]

Can you talk about the painting proccess your using? I am curious as I might do this.

SAM_1037.jpg

I used a small tip paint brush and used white enamel paint and painted into all the engravings. I let it sit for a moment before wiping away the excess above the edges. It took quite a few coats to get a strong white color. I then painted over in red. In between coats I wiped the streaked paint away with a polishing cloth.

Hope this helps

SAM_1037.jpg

I used a small tip paint brush and used white enamel paint and painted into all the engravings. I let it sit for a moment before wiping away the excess above the edges. It took quite a few coats to get a strong white color. I then painted over in red. In between coats I wiped the streaked paint away with a polishing cloth.

Hope this helps

Thanks!!!! Perfect write up. And nice job.

Nice! Looks great.

SAM_1037.jpg

Hope this helps

Sent from my Droid which is going to be replaced with a Galaxy Nexus very soon!

My question is seeing as how this is the "zombie annihilator mega build thread" Why doesn't anyone have the speargun setup like lauer custom weaponery did on page 2 of this article?

umm, because I am not a ninja, and my definition of "zombie" more aligns with the mindless retards sleeping in tents around the country and demanding more of my money.

so from the builds people have mentioned in this thread i've come up with the following numbers:

Daniel Defense = 1
Bushmaster = 2
Remsport = 1

so anyone want to chime in on which LPK i should pick up for my soon to be mine lower?

my thought is that i want to go as close to mil-spec as i can....
but i'll probably get bored of that as soon as i save enough $$ and want to go with a nice 2-stage trigger...

let the opinions flow!

Just get a milspec and spend the extra money on a barrel. All of my rifles have milspec FCG's and I don't feel I am being held back, but I am also not a high power or precision shooter. If you feel you need some fancy FCG, upgrade it later.

Back
Top Bottom