Zombie Annihilator Mega build thread

So our lowers are just around the corner. How about posting up what our build ideas are going to be?

I'll start. I'm going a little stupid with this one. You know, it is a zombie gun [wink]

edit: BTW I have been scrounging the forums for used parts.....hence the list below. So far about $300 saved.

Magpul UBR in black
Magpul MIAD in black
Magpul Enhanced trigger guard
Magpul Bad Lever (should help in zombie land)
Geissele Super Dynamic Trigger Combat Version
Rainier Arms Evolution Free Float System - 12.0 (Samson Evolution with triangle cuts)
DPMS Parts picked from Brownwells schematic (springs, pins, etc.)
KNS Anti rotation trigger pins
Biohazzard laser etched takedown pins (stupid?? whatever.....zombies [wink])
Vltor Gunfighter Mod4 charging handle
Battlecomp 1.5 black (have you seen the videos??? holy flatness batman!!!)
BCG Remsport
Spikes ST2 buffer (mmmmmmmhmmm...powder)
Tubb buffer spring (I like to tinker to get it right)

Now still open........
Upper receiver (kinda want it to match lower)
Barrel.......Remsport 14.5 Stainless M4 profile or Daniel Defense 14.5 pencil. I'm kinda worried about heat with pencil and lightweight rail.

So....what do you guys think?

Last edited:
I think I am going to start with a 300 AAC barrel, and see what happens from there.

If I don't go Full Retard with my money over the next month or 2, an NFA trust is in my future. [devil2]

The gf is planning on doing a heavy barrel precision gun with hers.

I think I am going to start with a 300 AAC barrel, and see what happens from there.

If I don't go Full Retard with my money over the next month or 2, an NFA trust is in my future. [devil2]

The gf is planning on doing a heavy barrel precision gun.

Yeah........I had thought of doing a SBR and 300 AAC would most likely had been the cal. But I need a gun now.... ( see my AR Raffle)

I shot 300 whisper up in NH suppressed.......dam I hate this state! That was kick butt!!!

I just looked this up, that is interesting, I would be interested in what you think of it.

I have been going back and forth between the Troy TRX extreme battle rail and Samson system. Troy uses their own barrel nut. Samson uses stock with added heat shield. Troy round, Samson not. I went for the profile of the Samson rail.

edit...and the fact Rainer had custom done triangles....I didn't like the Samson S design.

I wanna do something really tricked out looking...
The first piece i looked into was a DEZ Twister barrel. But..... they seem to ALL be on backorder.
i also have a few other ideas but i don't wanna spoil it till i know if what i want even exists.

Last edited:
Those twister barrels are wild. Though I am going for a almost completely covered look with that fore arm, so that would be wasted.

Upper has been solved.......I went (new to me) VLTOR MUR-1a
mur5-Lg.jpg

He even through in a YHM Specter gas block and YHM Black Carbine gas tube.

Vltor basic imod kit, and I pinned it to a mil-spec buffer tube.
Spike's ST-T2 buffer
Daniel Defense LPK with Magpul enhanced trigger guard
my Noveske 16" LO-PRO complete upper (VLTOR MUR upper) with a pinned BattleComp will be here thrusday
I have an Aimpoint PRO on order (should be here in a few weeks)
all I need to order are the BUIS and possibly a different vertical grip

Can't wait to get this build going...

Still working out the details, but what I know I'm doing is an ace skeleton stock, JP trigger, JP mid length rail, nikon M223 scope.

I'm still figuring on the barrel, which I know is going to be fluted or spiraled at 20 inch length. The fail zero complete upper system, but there may be another EXO coated upper option I'm waiting to hear about.

Grip, finger guard, forward grip or bipod, and case still have looked into yet

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

Man.....I am so excited for this build.

Just bought a complete dedicated custom CMMG .22lr Evolution upper for this.

IMG_0810.jpg

BTW....those nasty 27rounders are living in NH with another NES'r for all you that are thinking OMG!!!! [wink]

My parts for 5.56 build are starting to show up. Most everything will be here Monday.

Once the upper receiver comes Monday, I'll send that to John (Remsport) to get fitted up with 14.5 and BCG.

Last edited:
I'm thinking a Beowulf or 458 SOCOM might be a nice (and fun) build for mine.....[smile]

I'll give you $10 for one mag worths of ammo to try that beast. [smile]

Love that rounds specs on paper. My only concern is if the zombies are in a herd, your gonna need a bunch of mags and be very proficient at mag changes with the limited number of rounds per mag. [wink]

heh, I was going through my parts bin in the basement, I already have everything to build except a barrel and muzzle device.

The more I think about it, I think I am going to have a 300AAC, or BLK whatever, 16" barrel cut to 13.5 and pin a BABC (bigass battlecomp) in place. Before someone asks, the BABC is 2.6 inches long. I have a 13.5 inch Troy battle rail kicking around in the basement, as well as an upper and a BCG. I also found an ACE entry length skeleton from an abandoned project, and a parts kit!

My rifle is almost done already. [smile]

Good point..... Wonder if there is a chance of Zombie elephants, wild boars or water buffalo.... There has to be something in the zombie world that would make building this beast make sense.....[wink]

I'll give you $10 for one mag worths of ammo to try that beast. [smile]

Love that rounds specs on paper. My only concern is if the zombies are in a herd, your gonna need a bunch of mags and be very proficient at mag changes with the limited number of rounds per mag. [wink]

Just got this in today. Geissele Super Dynamic Trigger Combat Version

I installed in another lower to try. OMG!!!!!! This thing rocks.......nice two stage feel if you want to creep up on it. But feels like a smooth single stage when rapid pulling it.

I will never again use a stock LPK trigger.......NEVER.

Ugghh......major fail on my part.

So I had ordered all the springs, pins, and detents separately since I was using a custom trigger. Well I somehow forgot to do a qty of 2 for the takedown detent and spring (1 for takedown; 1 for pivot).

So there I was assembling the pivot pin with spring and detent......few minutes later go to install takedown. Hmmmmm??? where are those parts?

so a few days delay now [sad]

How is everyone else's going?

I am thinking of doing some fill on the fire control indicators and what not.

I built mine last night, but am not happy with the fit of the bolt catch pivot pin. I had to beat it hard enough that the end splayed a little and so there is about 1/64" - 1/32" of the pin standing proud of the hole. being the perfectionist that I am, I think I'm going to try to take it out and start over with a slightly smaller pin. The trigger guard pin installation was a piece of cake, which is a first for me.

***edit*** so I ended up buying some more roll pins from McMaster-Carr, pushing out the old pin and installing a new one. The new pin went in without any issue, and the lower looks so much better now.

dscn0343y.jpg

Now I'm just waiting for my PRO to arrive...

Last edited:
I just finished throwing mine together with parts I had laying around.

Zombie lower
Bushmaster LPK
Old car stock
Bushmaster 16" M4 upper with stupid loud mini y comp
KAC RAS
Eotech 551

2011-05-11160607.jpg

Last edited:
Ace skeleton stocks are on sale at Midway right now for anyone who might want one for their build.

I have a spikes 16" mid length upper with BAR rail on order...will be a painful ~8 week wait. The Ace stock is next on the list to order.

Here is mine with the CMMG .22lr practice upper on it.

rifleprofile.jpg

I did a color fill hack job with crayon to see if I liked it. Will let it sit for awhile and decide. Then if I want to keep it I'll clean it all and use paint stick method.

IMG-20110511-00012.jpg

Lower completed with:
UBR Stock
MIAD
Enhanced trigger guard
BAD lever
Giesele combat trigger
KNS pin set
BADASS selector 45degree lever

Looking at that crayon fill job. What is the best paint and technique to fill the engraving?

The best is an epoxy paint method that is delivered through a pressurized needle system. Others have used fine tipped paint pens. I am practicing the pen method.

I wouldn't color fill this rifle normally since it will be my workhorse AR. But since it is a "Zombie" build it deserves a little makeup [wink]

The price for the stock is good, but the buffer tube, spring and buffer are not included. Del-ton has the stock, spring, tube, and buffer at $90. which is still a couple bucks cheaper than going throw midway.

Ace skeleton stocks are on sale at Midway right now for anyone who might want one for their build.

I have a spikes 16" mid length upper with BAR rail on order...will be a painful ~8 week wait. The Ace stock is next on the list to order.

Back
Top Bottom