Zimmerman SUES Trayvon Martin's family and Florida prosecutors for $100MIL, claiming they engineered false evidence in his homicide trial for shooting

mikeyp

NES Member
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
This guy's back in the news, but is this warranted?

• Neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman was acquitted of homicide charges in the 2012 fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Florida
  • Zimmerman filed a lawsuit this week seeking $100million in civil damages for defamation, abuse of civil process and conspiracy
  • The suit alleges that Martin's family and Florida prosecutors fabricated evidence during Zimmerman's trial
  • The lead defendant in the suit is Sybrina Fulton, Martin's mother
  • Fulton gained national notoriety as an advocate for social justice and reducing gun violence in the wake of her son's death
George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who was acquitted in the 2012 fatal shooting of unarmed black teen Trayvon Martin, is suing Martin's family and Florida prosecutors, claiming that they engineered false evidence in the homicide trial.

The lawsuit to be filed Wednesday in Polk County Circuit Court seeks $100million in civil damages for defamation, abuse of civil process and conspiracy.

It alleges that the prosecution's key witness in Zimmerman's 2013 murder trial, Rachel Jeantel, was an imposter coached by the family and their lawyers.

The lead defendant in the suit is Sybrina Fulton, Martin's mother. Fulton gained national notoriety as an advocate for social justice and reducing gun violence in the wake of her son's death.

The family's attorney, Ben Crump, is also named as a defendant. He is accused of defamation and attempting to 'deprive Zimmerman of his constitutional and other legal rights'.

Zimmerman is being represented by high-profile conservative legal crusader Larry Klayman, founder of Judicial Watch and Freedom Watch and a former US Department of Justice prosecutor.

Klayman issued a media statement on Wednesday before the suit was filed.

The complaint outlined in the statement alleges that the Sanford Police Department thoroughly investigated the shooting and closed the case as self-defense.

One week later, the suit claims, Crump produced a recording of 'Diamond Eugene', who he said was Martin's 16-year-old girlfriend who was on the phone with the victims minutes before the confrontation with Zimmerman.

Two weeks later, 18-year-old Jeantel, Eugene's half sister, appeared before the court and 'provided false statements to incriminate Zimmerman based on coaching from others'.

Zimmerman shot and killed 17-year-old Martin in a gated community in Sanford Florida in February of 2012.

Martin, who lived in Miami Gardens but was in Sanford to visit his father, was returning from the store after buying candy when Zimmerman, then 28, reported him as a suspicious to police.

Zimmerman claimed that when he approached Martin the teen attacked him, so he fired his weapon in self defense.

Prosecutors said Martin was minding his own business and that there was no justification for the shooting.

Martin's death in 2012 shook the nation and launched the Black Lives Matter Movement after Zimmerman was charged with murder and later acquitted by a jury.

Zimmerman remained in the public glare after his acquittal because of a lengthy trial.

(if you go to the link there's a PDF for the lawsuit)

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I wander if he is using this lawsuit as a fishing expedition to get more solid dirt on the county prosecutor ... then sue them and payoff!

if the article is correct, he is suing trayvons family, but alleges that them and the prosecutor did it to him, so prosecutor is conveniently not sued yet.

CCW

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is supported by the facts I hope he wins. From his behavior since the shooting I personally think he’s a few eggs shy of a full dozen.
Based on the shooting incident itself he's a few eggs shy. A neighborhood watch guy getting to the point where he needed to use lethal force is asinine.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Magic 8 ball says:

"If not dismissed with prejudice, settled for an undisclosed sum (some figure not far from a grape soda and a packet of Skittles)."

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This f***ing guy just can't stay out of the news, can he?
In all fairness put yourself in his shoes......

I mean most of us would have tried a lot harder to avoid any interaction......

But he didnt do anything illegal and there are witnesses to that effect......popo pulled allllll sorts of shenanigans and put him and his family thru hell

prosecutor and popo's actions made the guy a target

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Based on the shooting incident itself he's a few eggs shy. A neighborhood watch guy getting to the point where he needed to use lethal force is asinine.
Lol, that all depends on who you believe, although there's a solid argument for "why did he even get out of his car" etc.

In the aftermath? Sure, I'll grant you that... he's f***ed in the head. Any reasonable person in his shoes would have made themselves "disappear" after that BS, perhaps working in rural
america somewhere....

-Mike

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good for him. The man has been wrongfully crucified and had his name dragged through the mud since 2012. All for defending his life from a violent punk who seeked to take it. I'm not sure how much in damages has been done and whom he'd get it from. But he's definitely justified in trying to sue for what he's rightfully owed.

I just hate we live in a society where Zimmerman is labeled "racist". But the kid who says "Creepy ass cracker" isn't. What a shame.

CCW

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, that all depends on who you believe, although there's a solid argument for "why did he even get out of his car" etc.

In the aftermath? Sure, I'll grant you that... he's f***ed in the head. Any reasonable person in his shoes would have made themselves "disappear" after that BS, perhaps working in rural
america somewhere....

-Mike
Why did he even get out of the car is what I'm talking about. If you're carrying and you willfully insert yourself into a lethal force situation that could have been avoided you need to have your head examined. I don't care if you're the neighborhood watch captain or anyone else. If you see suspicious activity you call the cops and let them deal with it. Of course I'm speaking as a Mass resident where we have the duty to retreat, can't use lethal force to defend property, and etc. Obviously things are very different in FL but I still hold that position.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You can't get blood from a stone. Might as well make it 2 trillion
The parents are not the only names listed in the suit. He's also going after the prosecuters and Harper Collins. There is no detail in the article that really goes into the basis of the suit but if it has any merit, I hope he burys them all.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Zimmerman went looking for a fight and got more then he could handle. When his well deserved ass kicking went too far he was justified in responding with deadly force.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zimmerman went looking for a fight and got more then he could handle. When his well deserved ass kicking went too far he was justified in responding with deadly force.
He went looking for a suspect to book for the multiple home invasions and thefts in the area that had been transpiring. Probably felt a bit vengeful over it and was looking for justice. Found a hooded kid walking through back alleys peeping in windows and decided to question him because he clearly DID look suspicious. If that's looking for a fight. Idk what you'd call doing his damn job. Which is a neighborhood scout. Then when approached. Instead of the typical response I would have gave. Or anyone with sense and maturity would have gave. Which would be. "Hello sir, No sir, i'm just walking home. Came back from the store. Not bothering anyone. Just got some candies. Gonna go home and watch TV. I'll let you know if I see anything though". Instead Trayvon responded by threathening to kick his ass, and calling him racial slurs. Then when approached further after already threathening the man. Instead of doing what I would do or anyone sensible and saying "Leave me the f*** alone you wannabe robo cop vigilante bum. I'm walking home and you can follow along. Touch me and I sleep you" Fair warning, asserting your stance. Waiting for an act to initiate self defense. Perfectly viable. No, he had to unprovoked, unsolicited, attack Zimmerman, and tackle him to the ground while saying "I'm gonna kill you cracker" while trying to disarm his gun. Which is why sadly he is dead. And a sensible person who isn't prone to violence would have lived.

So that's about the long and the short of it as far as from where I sit. Give the man his money. I'm just surprised they gave him back his gun lol. Holy shit. justice system finally got one right.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
How can we say goodbye if you never leave.
dammit.

You beat me to it. I was about to post this same exact thing. Dude drew the golden ticket; he’d be wise to keep his head permanently down. But no.

I’m sure he’s un-hireable. He’s hoping to settle for living expenses.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
We are gun people. Honestly who here would fire ONCE in a defense shooting situation? I am 99% convinced it was a ND.

Member how the media tried to make it in to “WHITE man murders black BOY”. (Not trying to be racist, the only picture i ever saw of Martin was when he was like 13)

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“The Trayvon Martin case was built on an elaborate fraud, with Rachel Jeantel pretending to be the girlfriend who was on the phone with Martin at the time of his death, George Zimmerman says in a new lawsuit.
The actual phone witness was Diamond Eugene, who was replaced when she would not testify, the suit says. Martin’s parents participated in the swap, it says.
Prosecutors withheld key evidence from Zimmerman, including falsely telling the defense team that Martin’s cellphone was broken, it says.”

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
His lawyer is Larry Klayman, right wing crank and famous frivolous litigator. Good for publicity, not for winning cases. Not sure what the grift is here, but there isn't a chance in hell they are winning this case. Probably just gonna e-beg for their legal fund and walk away a bit richer once their case is thrown out.

Last edited:
Reactions: KVX

TheGreekFreak

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Justified or not, this guy is a top shelf asshat. Anyone starts playing rent a cop with me as I'm walking around my neighborhood with my hoodie on, I'm not gonna just comply to their orders just because they're scared or suspicious.

They follow me around and tell me to stop or show ID or wait for the cops or start asking me where I'm going, I tell them to kiss my ass and keep walking. He's not a cop and walking around a neighborhood is not a crime.....now getting physically attacked for being a wannabe dirty harry isn't an appropriate response either.

Just so much dumb from both sides.

Reactions: KVX
Top Bottom