Zf-41 makes a nice day

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Happy Memorial Day all.

Wife and son went to see a horror movie. Dad went shooting. Decided to try my second rifle since my heart attack, and thought I'd check if my RC AR42 Zf-41 was still dialed in. Still too hard to hold off hand and I now use a little cart to carry everything to and from the car. The laser told me the bore was a snitch off at 10:00 and not worth fussing over. Experimented and settled my hold at 100 yards on the right edge of the bulls eye. 75F, light breeze, sunny, clear. 30 rounds '53, '54, and '78 Yugo surplus. One '54 case split, peppering my forehead with powder bits, but the Mauser action held tough. It may be a RC with a mismatched scope, but can still shoot even with 66 year old ammo. Net 258/300; averaged 8.6....almost black.

Dad then took the '67 Mustang to a cruise night for some free advertising, then came home to sit and read a little with, and let the big rabbit get some exercise. Then time for dad to cook dinner on the grill; Kielbasa and garlic knots.

Hope your day was as nice.

t

Attachments

• IMG_6266.jpg
    IMG_6266.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7418.jpg
    IMG_7418.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7419.jpg
    IMG_7419.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 59
  • attachment (1).jpg
    attachment (1).jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_7377.jpg
    IMG_7377.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 59
What tou got lackOammoitus?
That wouldn't have been too bad comparatively. At my office everyone's had a cold for like three weeks and I normally manage to avoid catching them through diligently washing my hands, etc.; but the lady that sits next to me got it really badly and was out for a few days...but she wasn't out long enough to not infect me.

Pretty close quarters, one fridge, one water cooler, two bathrooms...if a few people get sick, you're bound to touch stuff they have sooner or later.

On the plus side I petitioned my boss to make tomorrow Bruins day so I am wearing my Chara jersey and B's hat to the office.

Back
Top Bottom