• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Zero-Post/Rating Forum Members

MaverickNH

NES Member
I’ve posted WTSs on NES for a long time but never saw so many Zero-Post forum members with zero ratings. Some are Green and members for 5yr+.

Are there that many just joining just to buy/sell guns on NES? I have no particular issue with that and take responsibility for if/how I negotiate with them. But many PMs are pretty useless - “Still have that?” and no replies thereafter, “Can you meet me in TOWN Monday afternoon” and no reply thereafter.

Are these scammers, Gov’t trolls, AI-bots or just LowInt-Humans?

Odd if they’re green members. I don’t think someone would have a paid membership and then be a scammer or a bot.

FWIW, I’ve been here a while, post a bit, green, but never bought or sold anything via the forum.

Are these scammers, Gov’t trolls, AI-bots or just LowInt-Humans?
ATF Agents that find it easier to just ask than to travel... thinking.png

ATF-agents-at-Delaware-gun-owner-door-1200x686.jpg

A “We can do the resident F2F deal in the TOWN PD parking lot” reply usually ends most suspect inquiries. Like I’m going to meet a Zero-Post/Rating stranger who won’t give me his name/phone# anywhere…

I’ve sold and traded a few things in the classifieds and never had anyone leave feedback for me. I’m sure I’m not the only one

Did you leave feedback?
So, when I first started hanging out here I posted support for the NRA. My comment was called the dumbest thing ever written and I was given a negative review. At some point the review went away but for the longest time I really thought the rating was some sort of grading system for your posts. It was quite awhile before I realized it was for buying and selling reviews.

Zero rating can be tricky. I've done sales with y'all on here and not received any feedback. The one rating I have, I had to actually reach out to get feedback. Seems like some people don't give feedback automatically.

No posts is a bit odd, but I suppose some people just read and don't contribute. And that's not necessarily bad considering the number of sh*t posts this board can get at times as-is.

Zero rating can be tricky. I've done sales with y'all on here and not received any feedback. The one rating I have, I had to actually reach out to get feedback. Seems like some people don't give feedback automatically.

No posts is a bit odd, but I suppose some people just read and don't contribute. And that's not necessarily bad considering the number of sh*t posts this board can get at times as-is.
I’ve found I give feedback more often then I get it.

I’ve done deals with “non active” members before. There’s only been one time I felt weird about the situation and I ended up not selling the gun and still have it.

Edit: I just checked my feedback. Do we not get notifications when people leave feedback? Seems I had a lot more than I thought.

Back
Top Bottom