• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Zero Hour Arms

There were even more NESrs there than that. Stonypete and I came in about 5 minutes before Fred left. So by my tally, that puts Gary, Pete, Fred, Me, you and your hubby, typo1313 and Marc (the last two sorta don't count as does Jim). With Milsurps leaving when Fred was showing up. I've never met Gary or you so we easily could have sailed by each other. M4M definitely was gone though by the time Pete and I got there. There has to be more shooters out there not on NES or are we along in the world??? [smile]

I know Ray, so I would have recognized him if he were there when I was. Maybe we need like a secret NES handshake or something.

There were even more NESrs there than that. Stonypete and I came in about 5 minutes before Fred left. So by my tally, that puts Gary, Pete, Fred, Me, you and your hubby, typo1313 and Marc (the last two sorta don't count as does Jim). With Milsurps leaving when Fred was showing up. I've never met Gary or you so we easily could have sailed by each other. M4M definitely was gone though by the time Pete and I got there. There has to be more shooters out there not on NES or are we along in the world??? [smile]

I was there w/ my wife as well. I was poking around at the AR's and AK's while my wife toyed with the PS90's.

Some lucky guy picked up a nice looking Kimer while I was there.

We bugged out after a while with some ideas to add to the shopping list, it gets crowded in ther pretty quickly.

I was there about 11:45 to 12:30 with my son and his friend. Jhhorrible was that you I was talking with about the gold desert eagle, and how you wife would need a new coach bag to hold it?

[grin]

Rich

Even more than that because Aklaft was there with me in the parking lot buying my K31.[grin]

yes!! i actually want it because our G20 is too big (grip) for me and i don't feel safe shooting it because i can't get a grip on it good enough.

that gun felt great when i picked it up... and would have less recoil than the 10mm...

i have to wait a week tho [sad2]

i bet it will be gone!

Couldn't you put it on layaway and pay something down at that time and pay it off later?

I know Ray, so I would have recognized him if he were there when I was. Maybe we need like a secret NES handshake or something.
I was wearing my group buy MOLON LABE hat complete with NES on the back. In fact so was Fred and I complemented him on his atire. It really felt like an NES gathering.

I'll be heading back to Zero Hour soon. One of my buddies and his wife got their LTC's yesterday and can't wait to go shopping. FYI they were in Scouter Rick's class about six weeks ago.

We were at the range today shooting a whole bunch of toys, helping them decide what they want. I know my buddy will become MadMarc's new best friend at ZHA.

Good to meet you and the Mrs....

Cheers,

Rich

I just called a few minutes ago to check some prices on a couple of handguns.. The inquiry went something like this:

me: "Hi, I'd like to get prices on two pistols listed on the website please" (as prices aren't listed on the website)
ZHA: "Sorry I don't have time to go to the counter and get the prices, please drive down."
me: "OK, however, I am an hours drive away"
ZHA: "Sorry, by the time you drive down we'll probably have new stock in anyhow"
me: "uhh, ok"
ZHA: "Thanks buh-bye"

Not exactly attentive customer service.

I just called a few minutes ago to check some prices on a couple of handguns.. The inquiry went something like this:

me: "Hi, I'd like to get prices on two pistols listed on the website please" (as prices aren't listed on the website)
ZHA: "Sorry I don't have time to go to the counter and get the prices, please drive down."
ZHA: "Sorry, by the time you drive down we'll probably have new stock in anyhow"

I had the same phone in issues with Zero Hour but in person there probably the nicest people you would ever meet. Still no excuse for not getting a price.

Mac

Thats not an exageration there.. you ever been in there??? either plan on browsing or get in line! They do a good volume of business there, and when there arent 3 people in the store to help customers, usually the two guys there are LITERALLY stuck behind the counter or in the back making evil creations ":eek:)

I just had a very similar conversation. I too live about an hour away. Kind of a long way to go to find out something is overpriced if it is even still in stock.

I understand about being busy with paying customers in the store in front of you as well. But, if you are that busy, why answer the phone?

I worked retail for many years and my standard response in a situation like that was to apologize for not being able to help them immediately and offer to take their phone number so that I could return their call when the shop settled down. And I did just that if they chose to leave me a number.

If I were a betting man... and I am... their anecdotal research shows that foot traffic in the store is very valuable. I know. I am weak. I've have spent thousands there in the past few months. Maybe $10K. I visit, I talk to MadMarc, I talk to Jim, I buy. I can't help myself. I am weak... I am addicted to their product.

Me thinks that thier customers are not the guys and gals that want precise prices and drive hard bargains. Their customers are motivated to buy, and don't mind spending a few extra bucks for the privilege of getting their new toy simply and easily. ZHA has the best selection of cool toys in the area.

So... I understand why you would take offense. But my guess is that they have figured out that foot traffic in the store is way more valuable than spending time quoting prices on the phone.

YMMV.

Rich

I just had a very similar conversation. I too live about an hour away. Kind of a long way to go to find out something is overpriced if it is even still in stock.

I understand about being busy with paying customers in the store in front of you as well. But, if you are that busy, why answer the phone?

I worked retail for many years and my standard response in a situation like that was to apologize for not being able to help them immediately and offer to take their phone number so that I could return their call when the shop settled down. And I did just that if they chose to leave me a number.

could not have said it any better [cheers]

If I were a betting man... and I am... their anecdotal research shows that foot traffic in the store is very valuable. I know. I am weak. I've have spent thousands there in the past few months. Maybe $10K. I visit, I talk to MadMarc, I talk to Jim, I buy. I can't help myself. I am weak... I am addicted to their product.

Me thinks that thier customers are not the guys and gals that want precise prices and drive hard bargains. Their customers are motivated to buy, and don't mind spending a few extra bucks for the privilege of getting their new toy simply and easily. ZHA has the best selection of cool toys in the area.

So... I understand why you would take offense. But my guess is that they have figured out that foot traffic in the store is way more valuable than spending time quoting prices on the phone.

YMMV.

Rich

If I were a betting man... and I am...

Rich

I agree. I mentioned that I went in there last week just to look around with a couple of friends that have never been there. I had no intention of buying anything, but ended up walking out with a Remington 870 and a couple of boxes of .303 British.

I'm afraid to go back, though. All week I've been wondering what their price would be for the remaining full case of .303.

[smile]

Stopped by ZHA today for the first time and was very impressed by the amount and variety of weapons for sale. I had mistakenly assumed that this shop was only geared towards the "black guns" and modern stuff overall. I was wrong. Excellent milsurps well displayed, friendly and informative staff, decent prices. Thumbs up. :)

ZHA

Hands down best shop in Eastern Mass. Really cool group of guys. Quality and availability of hard to find items outweighs any price issue.

Everyone talks about how great of a shop FS is, I am probably going to get stoned for saying this, but that shop is really really boring. Good guys up there, I just have no interest in one of the 10,000 M&P's in stock I guess...

YMMV.

Rich

Unfortunately, to a potential customer who lives a hike away their attitude reads "Sorry, we're busy enough right now and don't really care if you do business with us or not"

I would personaly like to apolgize to you. In the stores defence the place was a zoo much of the day. I don't think it would have made much sence to leave the customer(s) I was with to start answering questions from another potential customer whom is not in the store. Had you been the customer who was with me, you'd be upset if I ditched you for someone on the phone. Also please keep in mind that gun shops get many calls all day long from people who are just pice shopping.

If we don't answer the phone, how will you know we are open? [wink] I would hate to take your number down and then simply not have the time or forget to call you back. Please come on in and take a look around, you will like what you see.

If we don't answer the phone, how will you know we are open? [wink] I would hate to take your number down and then simply not have the time or forget to call you back. Please come on in and take a look around, you will like what you see.

And if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound?[wink]

I was not offended as someone suggested earlier and I am not a price haggler just calling for a price check. I have a serious interest in the item, I have a pretty busy schedule and it is not a short ride.

So, knowing that the item was actually there and knowing that it was affordable(a relative term) would make the difference in how hard I tried to fit the trip into my schedule.

Have no doubt I will be back at some point.

No offense was taken. Like I mentioned, just a little disappointed. As I stated, I worked in retail sales for years. and I agree 100% that the customer in front of you, in person takes priority. I understand how busy it can get. I get it 'nuf said.

They have ever right to handle their business however they choose and I would never suggest they do otherwise.

P.S.
I am a motivated buyer. While my last few months definitely do not stack up to yours I have had some good runs.

I would personaly like to apolgize to you. In the stores defence the place was a zoo much of the day. I don't think it would have made much sence to leave the customer(s) I was with to start answering questions from another potential customer whom is not in the store. Had you been the customer who was with me, you'd be upset if I ditched you for someone on the phone. Also please keep in mind that gun shops get many calls all day long from people who are just pice shopping.

Thanks for addressing the issue.

My brother and I accompanied one of our friends to ZHA today so he could purchase his first AR.

He picked up a SWEEEEEET AR...

Jim and Marco were their typical great selves...

And we even got to meet TYPEO1313!

Great day.

yep.... i was there too.... was the guy that got the dreaded "delayed" status on the g30 [sad]

But good to put a screen name to a face TYPEO1313... thanks once again. [cheers]

I am a regular customer and was actually there when 1313 answered the phone. I also own several retail establishments in a different industry. There have been dozen of times I have been in the store, someone calls to ask if an item is there, and by the time they get there it is gone. I shop at other stores too and haven't seen any that have a flip rate as high as ZHA. Twice last week I walked in to buy something and walked out with something else because it had come in within the hour. Even then I had to wait for someone else who was already looking at it to decide not to buy it. It is a small store and when there are 2 or 3 guys working and there are 7-8 customers trying to buy and the phone is ringing they will try to answer quick questions (hours, directions, etc), but they can't take the time to run and check prices, I understand that. Owning several stores, when I call and no one answers I am furious that my customers can't get their calls answered either. To me not answering because you are busy is not an excuse.

I got in and out last night with a new (to me) purchase without too much difficulty last night. The phone was ringing non-stop, there were other guys looking around and another in line behind me to check out but I got what I wanted and even managed not to step on the cocker spaniel guarding the door on the way out.

Back
Top Bottom