• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Zero Hour Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had good experiences dealing with Jim. Than again I've had good experiences dealing with Richie's in Westport when a lot of people couldn't stand going there. Zero Hour Arms was always a shop to go to if you wanted high end guns that were hard to find in Massachusetts.

Bottom line is some of the things I've learned from years of going to different shops is that thin skinned people and tire kickers are always going to be put off and you can't please everyone.

It's not a thin skinned issue, if Jim Shepherd is the big dude, he straight up lied to my ****ing face. I can take someone talking shit, or being a know-it-all, but lying to me to try to make a sale means you can go **** yourself.

This clearly is not an isolated incident.

Mike

This is jim sheppard y don't you come over to gartman arms i would love to see you. I have never never ripped anyone off so put up or shut up

hugs and kisses
jim sheppard

When I got back into guns in general 2005ish I find my way to zha eventually.
In the beginning they seemed to have a very good selection of mil surplus guns/ammo/gear
I did a few transfers both resident to resident and out of state 25$ each.
Generally had a fair selection of surplus ammo piled up in the center.
Counter was to the rear with a variety of AKs. The area to the right was a nook with all the mil surplus rifles. On average about 20% higher than I could get through C&R purchase.
Now last time I was in was summer 2012 just prior to my dad passing. Left the Brockton VA figure a good way to get my mind off life.
I was Only one in the shop. Store had changed to counter straight in from entrance and not as big.
Had a few rifles on the back wall. 1903a3 that caught my eye.
So I asked about a few items not seen and if they could be had. No was the reply.
So I said I have a source that will ship what I want but only to a FFL dealer.
That's when things just went south. I couldn't tell you who I delt with .
Man with a beard is all I have for memory.
The conversation went to the A3 I asked why it was priced as high as it was.
All that was needed to be done was point out any valuable points. Original well cartouched stock, some special year something to make it worth 1600$ vs the 500-1000 I was seeing.

So there's only a few things that keep me coming back to a shop.
1. I have thick skin I could careless if your rude obnoxious old what ever . If you have what I want or can get what I want you will get my money.
2. When order something for me don't BS on why it's taking so long. Especially when I know it was in stock from the vendor you use...... just say I'm a ass and forgot to order it and when I did it was out of stock.
That's about it. I venture into just about any gun shop if I'm close enough.
I have a some what particular want list. I don't expect to shops to have them but if they do I will most likely buy it.
So hopefully the NEW ZHA (looks like I was in around the time of turnover) will be better and have something I want next time I'm over there. I'm itching for a roast beef sandwich from the place down the street.....if it's still there so I will get over there soon. Need to goto Copeland soon also...

Last edited:
You are full of it lets talk name so i ripped off ? I am not a dealer anymore to all my friends i miss you all.I am helping out a family friend thats it. If you are looking for me come over to gartman arms !!!!!!!And also mak91 you can bit me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom