Zero Hour Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you have a NES get together at your shop offer some refreshments,and a raffle.Some stores have it like once a month.

I was in there awhile back they were asking $70 for a 325 round box of 22. I like their inventory hate their prices.
Sir,
I don't know if you read the price correctly or perhaps the box was mislabeled?
Currently (Thursday, 28 MAY 2015) my .22LR prices are
Remington 525 Rounds $39.95
Geco 500 Rounds $64.95

We have Geco, Aguila, CCI, etc in stock
Just call and ask brother.
Oleg aka Alex
Zero Hour Arms

I've been there a few times. I liked the Russian guy but the guy that did the paperwork, an older guy that I believe owned the dog seemed like a douche to me. Reminded me of a used car salesman
Sir,
Everyone has off days. Hope you were happy overall.
Thank you,
Oleg aka Alex
Zero Hour Arms

Jim Shepard is long gone. He sold the place almost 2 years ago. Alex is the current owner, he and Brian run the business day to day.
Sir,
That is correct.
Thank you,
Oleg aka Alex

- - - Updated - - -

Alex is the new owner. Good guy!
THANKS! [smile]
Oleg aka Alex
Zero Hour Arms

- - - Updated - - -

meh went there once to do a transfer, all I got was attitude.
Sir,
Be more specific so I can address that with my staff
Thanks
Oleg aka Alex
Zero Hour Arms

Why don't you have a NES get together at your shop offer some refreshments,and a raffle.Some stores have it like once a month.
That might not be a bad idea. We were looking at something like that, especially with summer around the corner!
Thanks!
Oleg aka Alex
Zero Hour Arms

Nah I'll back Alex here I've got 3 guns there in the past year all came with the right number mags the employees not knowing their stuff tho is a different story. Was told I couldn't throw a mag pull stock on my AR unless it was fully extended. Total lie it's cool as long as the oal is like 30.5 in. So yes the guys there are cool as long as you know your stuff Alex is a nice guy. The biggest pain in the ass is the road it's on its like driving off road to get there

Hello,
Thanks for the backup! Could you please send the link to the law stating 30.5 in OLA. We say fullly extended as a safe precaution because we have not seen any actual numbers in MA state law.
Thanks
Oleg aka Alex
Zero Hour Arms

Looks to me that Alex is Zeroing in on the issues!
HAH! [laugh2] I see what you did there!
I realize that we can't escape social media and I should have been paying more attention on a local website like NES.
I would like to invite everyone to visit MY Zero Hour Arms and feel free look around. Especially at the VP9's, everyone likes them! I know I have much to address and clean up and believe me, my staff and I are working on it tirelessly.
Thanks again!
Oleg aka Alex
Zero Hour Arms

Guys, let's give this guy a break. Since the business is under new ownership the locals should give it another try. I'm in NH and have no skin in the game but; in the present climate we can use all the good gun shops we can get, no matter where they're located.

Just my .02

Thanks! Nice tattoo BTW!! We have much past associated with the Zero Hour Arms name that isn't very good. I have been, with the help of my staff and friends, working tirelessly to brush off the old and rebuild the name and store anew.
Judging by my increased customer base and increased phone calls not to mention online reviews, it looks like we are on the right path.
Thank you,
Oleg aka Alex
Zero Hour Arms

What ever happened to "I don't know but I can get an answer for you" in the customer service world? I imagine its hard to find good gun shop help based off what I have seen pretty much everywhere but single person operations.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Mike,
I believe that we subscribe to that philosophy here!
Thanks!
Oleg aka Alex
Zero Hour Arms

Just curious... why not change the name?

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Mike,
Whereas I've already put so much effort into cleaning up the name and making it MY Zero Hour Arms (have you seen the T-Shirts and Sweatshirts? Check out my website - www.zerohourarms.com) and we've made such headway turning the negative into positive, I'm convinced that it is in my best interest to keep the name as is.
Thank you,
Oleg aka Alex
Zero Hour Arms

No longer having Sheppard and Co changes the game. I'd give them a shot if I were anywhere near the place.
Hey MAK91,
I hope you are doing ok out there in Texas (Free America)!
Thanks for the vote of confidence. It's appreciated!
Respectfully,
Oleg aka Alex
Zero Hour Arms

How long ago did the shop change ownership?

Also, nice of the new owner to respond to feedback.

Hi nhams,
The shop changed ownership about 2 1/2 years ago. While I did keep Mr. Sheppard on as a manager for a while, it became evident to me that he and I had different views on the future of MY Zero Hour Arms and the applied business models. I have a trustworthy manager currently who has done everything in his power to correct the course (which I believe he has successfully done). My staff is knowledgeable, friendly (usually) and the environment is relaxed and inviting. I will be more involved with NES as time allows now that I realize how important it is to be involved with a local board. I thought that between my website and facebook that would suffice.
Thank you,
Oleg aka Alex
Zero Hour Arms

Hi nhams,
The shop changed ownership about 2 1/2 years ago. While I did keep Mr. Sheppard on as a manager for a while, it became evident to me that he and I had different views on the future of MY Zero Hour Arms and the applied business models. I have a trustworthy manager currently who has done everything in his power to correct the course (which I believe he has successfully done). My staff is knowledgeable, friendly (usually) and the environment is relaxed and inviting. I will be more involved with NES as time allows now that I realize how important it is to be involved with a local board. I thought that between my website and facebook that would suffice.
Thank you,
Oleg aka Alex
Zero Hour Arms

I guess I will stop by now. Go green to prove please.

Might be worth a drop in to see what is going on. The last time I was in there was years ago, and the prices were off the chart stupid. When they first opened it wasn't bad, I bought 4 guns that were fairly priced, but then it went downhill fast! I was in Bridgewater last weekend picking up a G42 my friend found for sale at a decent price, he knew I was looking after trying his, and thought about stopping by to see if anything had changed after my purchase was done. Not knowing it was under new ownership, I laughed at myself remembering my last trip there. So I went to Subway for lunch instead, then to the range.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I will stop by now. Go green to prove please.

Don't you mean, orange. That is the dealer color isn't it?

Might be worth a drop in to see what is going on. The last time I was in there was years ago, and the prices were off the chart stupid. When they first opened it wasn't bad, I bought 4 guns that were fairly priced, but then it went downhill fast! I was in Bridgewater last weekend picking up a G42 my friend found for sale at a decent price, he knew I was looking after trying his, and thought about stopping by to see if anything had changed after my purchase was done. Not knowing it was under new ownership, I laughed at myself remembering my last trip there. So I went to Subway for lunch instead, then to the range.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you mean, orange. That is the dealer color isn't it?

You got me on that one Ed,rep sent.

Last edited:
Hello,
Thanks for the backup! Could you please send the link to the law stating 30.5 in OLA. We say fullly extended as a safe precaution because we have not seen any actual numbers in MA state law.
Thanks
Oleg aka Alex
Zero Hour Arms

26" minimum oal 16" barrel for rifle.
26" minimum oal 18" barrel for shotgun.
I'm trying to find the law link but it's part of the nfa rules. I been working on a bullpup so I had to look in to this.

Last edited:
You got me on that one Ed,rep sent.
Hi guys!
I will go green or orange or whichever color is needed to verify my status as the current owner of Zero Hour Arms.
Thanks guys!
Oleg aka Alex
Zero Hour Arms

Hello,
Thanks
Oleg aka Alex
Zero Hour Arms
Length doesn't matter as long as it's outside NFA territory. Just cannot telescope, so pin it at whatever length the customer wants.

i had written up a litany of things to knock zha on, but i deleted it. i'll just say staff is friendlier than in the past, the resident store pooch is a hell of a great canine, kind of dog we all would like to own.

pricing?????? make your own decision. every business owner is entitled to ask whatever they want for an item. i'm entitled not to pay it and shop elsewhere

Hello,
Thanks
Oleg aka Alex
Zero Hour Arms

There is mo MA law that I know of. This is from the ATF.

"Short-barreled rifle (SBR) is a legal designation in the United States, referring to a shoulder-fired, rifled firearm with a barrel length of less than 16 inches (40.6 cm) or overall length of less than 26 inches (66.0 cm). In the United States, an SBR is an item regulated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) as an NFA firearm. In the absence of local laws prohibiting ownership, American civilians may own an SBR provided it is registered with the BATFE, and a $200 tax is paid prior to taking possession of or creating the firearm."

Alex,

Wifey and I were in over mother's day weekend and made purchases that we were very pleased with.

Please keep up the good work as your are on the right track.

Jim and Kathy

Hi nhams,
Thank you,
Oleg aka Alex
Zero Hour Arms

Removing the stain of Jimmy Sheppard is going to take some time. He ripped off a good friend since he began running Gartman and I am sure there are many people with a bitter experience courtesy of that gentleman.

This new guy was solid every time I have been in since he took over. The last dicks raised the price of a lower 100 bucks when I was third in line to buy one- I left. They were also selling "pre-ban" Romanian drums that were not preban, and were marked up 110 bucks from where I think they came from. AGAIN- this was the old owner. The new owner seems to have integrity.

I've had good experiences dealing with Jim. Than again I've had good experiences dealing with Richie's in Westport when a lot of people couldn't stand going there. Zero Hour Arms was always a shop to go to if you wanted high end guns that were hard to find in Massachusetts.

Bottom line is some of the things I've learned from years of going to different shops is that thin skinned people and tire kickers are always going to be put off and you can't please everyone.

I have not had any bad experiences there, have bought and sold there. I will continue to do so
Steve

That was the policy when Jim Shepard owned the place. I know, because they had signs all over the place saying that. That was late 2013/early 2013, I'm not sure of the exact dates. As to Ames, Jim spent considerable time (and probably money) trying to get things changed at Ames. There's a whole thread on that, so I won't bore you with the details.

I don't think I've been there since the new owner took over, it's probably worth taking a look.

For those who miss Jim, he was working at Gartman Arms in Wrentham over the winter. The one time I went there, he was telling a customer that they don't sell S&W because they are "put together by illegal immigrants that Smith hires."

They wouldn't do an AR lower transfer for me a few years ago unless it was a complete rifle. They were also affiliated with Ames at the time. That told me everything I needed to know about that shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom