• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Zero Hour Arms gets hit this morning for 10 guns

Globe staff

Thieves robbed an Easton ammunition store, making off with 10 guns early this morning.

Police said the Zero Hour Arms gun store on Renker Drive was broken into shortly after 5 a.m.

Authorities said the bandits attached chains to security bars outside the window and used a four-wheel drive vehicle to separate it from the building.

The thieves then reached into the store and stole the 10 weapons, including handguns and shotguns.

"The bars on the inside of the window were separated enough that they were able to reach through enough of a gap and steal the guns," said Deputy Chief Allen Krajcik of the Easton Police. "The thieves did not proceed to go any further."

Krajcik said the store has security cameras only inside the facility. "Because they didn't enter the building, they are not on the security footage," said Krajcik.

The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives is also involved in the investigation.
Posted by the Boston Globe City & Region Desk at 01:01 PM
Print | E-mail to a friend | Permalink | Subscribe via rss

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/breaking_news/2007/10/ten_guns_stolen.html

Last edited:
Damn that sucks. The store is down an industrial street so doubtful there will be any witnesses. I guess a security camera outside will be coming shortly. I hope they catch the asshats.

I thought that with our lax gun control laws here, criminals could just go and buy any gun they want at gun shows, or drive up to New Hampshire. Why would they need to steal anything?

Maybe they should post a listing of the missing. There are a lot of guys on here that see an awful lot of firearms during the course of a week and i am sure no one would mind keeping an eye open for them.

Sounds very well planned!

Digitech, sounds like a good idea to put up a "stolen list" in case someone is stupid enough to try to sell them. My bet however is that they are on the streets in Brockton or Boston for gang use.

Who ever did it must have known there were no cameras outside the shop. Hopefully one of the nearby buildings had an outside camera and caught a plate or make/model vehicle at least.
Must have been someone who's been there before and thats the part that really sucks because the folks at Zero Hour are always helpfull to anyone who stops in even if to just browse. Its the same sick feeling you get when your house gets broken into and come to find out you know the person who did it.
Its also a black eye for the business of gun shops in Massachusetts. Its hard enough for a firearms business to exist in this state because of the laws and regulations. I hope everything is recovered and the shop stays ok.
I hate and despise any thievery and hope who ever did it gets caught and sent away for maximum sentence.

This sucks. I agree with Milsurps that it is not good for us good guys but on the other hand, whether its a car or guns or a tv or whatever...if some scumbag wants it - they will get it.

digitech - I think AR15.com has a "stolen" sticky.

Hopefully someone saw something and will speak up and these scumbags will actually be prosecuted with the same laws and penalties that law abiding citizens have to get. I can't imagine why a shop wouldn't have cameras all over the place. If it was my shop, I would have a public view camera (one that everyone in the store sees) right when you walk in and then have all my areas covered...especially the exterior entry points.

Hi guys, we are offering a 3000.00 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible.
Here are a list of the guns:
1 Winchester hunting rifle model 67A in 30-06 ser. G155280
2 Winchester hunting rifle model 70 in 300 win mag. ser. G1415184
3 Colt 1911a1 frame only ser. FR20142E
4 JC Higgins bolt gun mod 51C ser. 7561
5 Sears Shotgun model 14 in 12ga no ser. number
6 H&K USP Compact pistol in 9mm ser. 27-015283
7 Glock pistol mod. 17 ser. ZD548US
8 AMT Automag pistol in 50AE ser. 57-3000
9 Inter ord. STG 2000 rifle in 7.62X39 ser. G-8406-06
10 Remington hunting bolt mod.700 ser.E6327994

Thank you for all your kind words! We have been working all day to clean up the mess and completely re secure the building and it is better than before.

I suggest everyone check auction sites they frequent for any of these possibly turning up.
Pay attention! It may be months before anyone tries to sell any of these.
Upcoming gun shows, even WTS adds on other forums and in magazines such as the Want Advertiser could also be a hot spot that any of these could turn up.
If everyone keeps a keen eye out, hopefully we can help Zero Hour and nab these f***ers early, plus keep these guns off the streets.

It's all they could "grab" because there were inner and outer bars they did not get into the building but reached in and took what was within reach.
They did break 2 locked glass display cases and took a couple of guns from there.
The guns they did grab were just hunting rifles mostly.

They may try and sell them for crack or something so keep a lookout for them!

What a strange group of guns they stole! Although the Auto-Mag should be very impressive on the street, wait until they touch the 50AE off. :)

Respectfully,

jkelly

Last edited:
Damn guys...this sucks.

I sure hope that they get back to you. If I see something at a show, I'll let you know.

If we do the Springfield show in December, I'll bring this list with me to the show. That way, if we see someone trying to buy them, we'll match them to the list at our table.

I think that it might be a good idea to get this list to the Show Organizers around the area, they can pass them out to dealer tables before the show.

What a strange group of guns they stole! Although the Auto-Mag should be very impressive on the street, wait until they touch the 50AE off.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing - weird guns for a thief to go after, especially given that ZHA usually has a bunch of high-dollar exotics! But MadMarc0's comment explains it pretty well. It's still a shame for the shop owners and for all the guys who had consignment guns taken. I've been a victim of theft before, too, and it's such a sickening feeling - like you've been personally violated and your house/car seems "unclean" somehow. And you can never walk out the door without triple checking the locks ever again. [angry]
You can say that again it WAS MINE!!!
Oh, man, Fred, that sucks. My sympathies.

I saw the story on channel 25 this AM. Jim was being interviewed and I felt really bad. I was wondering if they got the high-end preban stuff like the AKs, Uzis and that HK94.

To be honest it could have been financially a hell of a lot worse. I just picked up a hand gun from Jim this past saturday too.

Good luck to him in his search for those a**h***s......

I have a question that wasn't addressed in the story... What about alarms? I would think ZHA would have pretty sophisticated alarms including a motion detector. Did the alarm go off? Is that how the theft was discovered?

Thanks

WOW, that sucks Fred[frown]. The whole incident sucks[frown][frown]

+1 [angry]

Given the heat this will bring in MA and the difficulty in selling firearms here while trying to look legitimate, whoever stole them might try to sell them at a show in another state. I think it would also be a good idea to pass the list along to anyone we know who will be going to any show in the northeast and hopefully catch the F*ckers who did this red handed and string them up by their balls!! [angry2]

Back
Top Bottom