Zenk's going out of business

Stopped by Zenk's yesterday for my weekly ammo check and he told me he was going out of business. Personally I think most of his stuff is over priced but maybe you'll be able to get a good deal on something.
He said so far he can't find anyone to take the business over and he had someone coming to look at his safe's so it sounds like he'll be getting rid of everything.

It's in Northbridge.... If your willing to dig, literally, you may find something cool. Then, you better be ready to haggle cause whatever he wants, is too much.

Zenks is in Whitinsville/Northbridge at the BurgerKing and Hess intersection. It doesnt surprise me hes going under, his hours are weird and from what Ive heard hes vastly overpriced. I dont own my own business but I know a few people who do and when its a small business you cant be open 10-4 or 9-3 or whatever his hours are during weekdays and expect business. Its a short drive from my house and work but by the time Im out at 5 hes already been closed for an hour or two. Not to mention I dont believe hes open on weekends at all but someone can correct me if wrong

I went in there a few times. Plenty of dusty old shotguns and rifles. Ammo in twenty year-old boxes in calibers you've never heard of. He's never stocked personal defense ammo or even normal ammo like 9mm FMJ, etc.

I may take another ride over to see what he's trying to clear out....

Same plaza as the Vet I go to. Also same plaza as Coffee Bean (NOMNOMNOMNOMONOMONOMONOMOMNOMONOM)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've heard about his overpriced/crap stock and never bothered to go in there.

IF you do go there before 2pm, Coffee Bean:

- Everything bagel toasted with olive cream cheese
- Pastrami/egg/cheese sandwich SO YUMMY

Awesome coffee selection too.

Cash only.

Enjoy.

I was there 2 weeks ago and most of his firearms were gone. He has sold alot by mail over the years. I doub't there will be any deals he will sell his stock to another dealer first. I think he has some serious health issues, not a bad guy just a tough business man. I think alot of these smaller guy's are going to have a hard time paying overhead with no inventory coming in to sell.

Zenks is one of those hole in the wall shops that only the people that work there actually go to. I'm not surprised at all.

Side note:
The Upton Coffee Bean is so much better. The coffee is better, the muffins are better and it's only another 5 minutes away. Worth the extra time IMO

Zenks is one of those hole in the wall shops that only the people that work there actually go to. I'm not surprised at all.

Side note:
The Upton Coffee Bean is so much better. The coffee is better, the muffins are better and it's only another 5 minutes away. Worth the extra time IMO

Lol Upton's where I usually go (I'm in Milford). Sat morning routine.

When I lived in Northbridge (3 years ago) The coffee bean was an almost everyday stop. And I'd stop in Zenks about once a month. He had some interesting stuff, but mostly priced at "suggested retail". I use to get a kick out of his ammo. He had it so many years that there'd be layers of price stamps over each other. I bought some 7.62 that has a $1.99 sticker at the bottom, and 5 or 6 labels over it to the price of $4.99 (IIRC)

he was selling a lot of stuff through Shotgun News then...I hate to see anyone close their business

*not a bad guy just a bad business man." Is what I think you meant

not a bad guy just a tough business man. I think alot of these smaller guy's are going to have a hard time paying overhead with no inventory coming in to sell.

I was there 2 weeks ago and most of his firearms were gone. He has sold alot by mail over the years. I doub't there will be any deals he will sell his stock to another dealer first. I think he has some serious health issues, not a bad guy just a tough business man. I think alot of these smaller guy's are going to have a hard time paying overhead with no inventory coming in to sell.

He didn't have much left yesterday, maybe 15 or 20 rifles, nothing special mostly old beaters. Then maybe 20 or 25 pistols some S&W & Rugers were in good shape but we wanted way too much for them.

There was actually another dealer in there when I was, said he had cash on him if he wanted to sell but got turned down.

Back
Top Bottom