Yugoslav M48 Mauser

Mark from MA

NES Member
How much should I pay for a very good condition Yugo M48 with bayonet and sling. Very good to excellent condition.

Thanks for any help.

if you havent already, sometimes auction sites like gunbroker, or the other one that I cant recall the name of at the momnet, are a good way to gauge ballpark prices. MA prices are probably at a premium over the national average, though.

I checked GB and GA and I'm seeing prices of 450-600. Which to me seems way high....but I don't know. I can get this thing for 299 and wondering if that was an OK deal.

Used to be $200 from a distributor but $299 seems ok as long as its got a good bore and finish. See if they'll take $275 for the hell of it.

Is it a straight M48, M48 A, M48 B, or M48 BO?

Last edited:
I got a collector grade from Mitchell's Mausers http://www.mauser.net/ about 12 years ago, it was a great deal. It's about as reliable as going out and buying a Remington 700. Great smooth action with the bolt and it went bang every time. I have another one where I spent about $175, cleaned it up and it's a great shooter.

This is the one for $175
DSC00298.jpg

I got a collector grade from Mitchell's Mausers

Well, there's an oxymoron. Once Mitchell's touches something, it's no longer collectible, except in the sense that something from Franklin Mint is collectible.

They sell some pretty guns, but they're put-togethers.

Well, there's an oxymoron. Once Mitchell's touches something, it's no longer collectible, except in the sense that something from Franklin Mint is collectible.

They work well. The author didn't mention if he was looking for a shooter or collector. Some of the original issue rifles have a very dark, corroded bore. So I guess it comes down to why you want it, then go from there.

Oooo. I must have been missing the dirt on this Mitchell guy. So, they put together rifles from parts and resell?

Oooo. I must have been missing the dirt on this Mitchell guy. So, they put together rifles from parts and resell?

I haven't heard anything, so I guess I should be pissed if I spent $299 on something that was built 20 years ago. But then again it's a near new rifle. Definitely accurate and reliable.

I'm glad I only bought from them once, but what I don't understand is why they shipped to my C&R license? If they're recently built with parts from different rifles it would hardly be 50 years old.

Doesn't matter, all the parts are still over 50 years old and the rifle as a whole is in original configuration, its just polished here and there with the best parts they could find.

I recently(3 months ago) bought a m48 in excellent condition for $199 from a distributor plus shipping with my C&R. it did not come with the bayonet and sling. you could use that as a benchmark and add some for the accessories.

Thanks for the input...Ended up getting one at another place in slightly better condition with an excellent bore for 199. Cleaning rod but no other accessories. If I have time I'll get a pic...hopefully I'll get out and shoot her today.

Plus when I got home today my CR license was in the mail!

Back
Top Bottom