• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

yugo vs roma TT-33 ?

I've got a Romanian and have shot Fred's Yugo at the last Mansfield shoot. I honestly can't tell the difference except the finish on the Yugo is better. I think the Yugo mags hold more than the Romi ones, not sure.

I just Order a Yugo on sale at $25.00 off . The Yugo are on the c and r list . They hold one more round . And they have the Yugo crest on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray, that was my Romanian you shot. The Yugo is , IMO, a much nicer pistol. It also has aa larger mag, one additional round, and the safety is is much nicer. I think I said this in earlier conversations, its built like their SKS rifles. Like a tank. If i could sell my Romanian for $175 i would buy another Yugo from......sorry cant say where..rules ya know

A while back I was decideing on a polish or romanian.....I purchased the polish only to sell to help fund my 2nd garand. no polish in stock @ this time. Funds where available so I got the yugo once I heard it went C&R

When did the Yugo go C&R?

June 5 2006 would be my guess, as that is the date the name "Yogoslavia" was officially abolished. (Well I'm sure it took the BATFE a while to confirm it.)

ETA: My mistake, looks like they just became eligible in mid-May. Seems I'm mis-informed about how exactly a military production firearm becomes C&R eligible.

Now makes me wonder when the Yugo SKS and East German Makarovs became eligible, respectively.

Last edited:
I was looking at buying a Yugo Tok in April and they were not C&R. It should be here in a few days, I'll post pics when it shows up compared to my Romanian.

Anyone seen East German Maks in Surplus? I'd really like one of those.

Haven't seen any from distributors lately. You might find a few on gunbroker. I sold one of mine not long ago knowing full well I'd kick myself for it later. It's now later.

when i recieved the flyer for the Memorial day sale items the yugu was not C&R, then I believe that following friday they recieved C&R status.

Back
Top Bottom