• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yugo SKS price check

I was in a gun store the other day and I spotted a pretty nice looking Yugo sks, the wood seemed nice and nothing seemed to be damaged on it, they were asking 320 for it but i feel like I can talk them down since its been sitting around for over a year. I just wanted to know if that seems like a good price?

Ehhh it's okay. Depending on the wood and barrel, it is probably worth around $300. What gun store if I may ask you? Don't worry I won't snag it from you.[laugh]

$300 seems about right for what sells up here in Maine. I have seem some creep up over $350. Those are asking prices in gun stores. If it is a really nice gun, then that would be about right.

You know, prices on yugos are getting stupid. I just sold an unnissued brand new one. person paid $475 ($450 to me plus $25 shipping). Almost 18 months ago i sold a VGC one for $275. 4 months ago, At the concord NH gun show a dealer had a new unnissued for $399. I offered $350 (because I just sold one for $450 and saw no risk). He told me no.

if you look at Gunbroker, only the GC ones are at $300 and below these days. (need to inlude shipping in your costs) This is not to say you can't find private deal for less. I landed a russian without a bayo for $300 at a gun store recently. He wanted $350.

The only CR dealer that I know of that has stock has only cracked stocks available. ( and they don't ship to mass). They want $289 +shipping which would be $310

Long winded answer..... $320 is fair these days based on condition. (VGC, all matching, original configuration, no bubba). If it has been sitting that long, I would take a good look at it. Make an offer. At $275 grab it and run. At $320, if it is in good shape, don't lose sleep over it. It will be at $350 most likely in a year.

Keep in mind that these once sold for over $3200. (It makes $320 seem like a steal) Up until the recent import of them about 8 years ago, there were only 5000 in the country. Then after they were allowed to be imported again, they were selling for $99 in excellent condition. Imagine if you had bought one of the original 5000 before they were imported again? Yikes, that would have hurt.

I don't see alot of future importation of these (or most other milsurps), so the cost is going to go no where but up. Like they say, there's "no such thing as paying too much, just buying too soon."

I got my excellent condition Yugo about 6 years ago for $149. But things change. I say grab it now before the prices go up again and you start kicking yourself.

Check the bore, they are not chromed lined and also check the gas tube. You would be surprised how many folks shoot corrosive ammo and the rifle just sits.

If you have your C+R I would look around, there are still some out there that were imported by Cherrys which are known to be pristine if not unissued.

I got one on a black friday deal for $200 last year, in "good" condition (bluing wear, stock not perfect, etc.). The stock had a crack in it towards the back end of where the receiver sits, I sourced a replacement for about $30.

Check the bore, they are not chromed lined and also check the gas tube. You would be surprised how many folks shoot corrosive ammo and the rifle just sits.

If you have your C+R I would look around, there are still some out there that were imported by Cherrys which are known to be pristine if not unissued.

Got my Cherry's off Gunbroker with my C&R!!! it was slightly used but still in excellent shape!! I still have it and not it is not for sale. sorry,

IMG_3486.jpg

I have a Cherry's import that I purchased a few years ago for $199. It's by far the cleanest Yugo SKS that I have ever seen.

To answer OP's original question, I would offer him $275 and see if he bites

-Mike

They have just reappeared on a 'major online C&R dealer's' website after a long absence. They are going for $349.

I bought mine from the NES classifieds for $300 early this year, and it is in great shape. I want another, but I'm not sure I want to roll the dice on an unseen rifle online.

Yes , $349 and don't forget the $21 shipping (i dont know how much exaclty but this more or less) . This particular dealer adds 2% for credit card purchases. We are now at at $378 for an unseen rifle. Has the OP bought the one for $320 yet??? [wink]

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info everyone, unfortunatly I haven't gone down to the shop I found this little yugo in yet but I have set up a slush fund and hopefully by the end of August it should be mine, just in time for me to leave it at home to head off to college.

Same here bought one 2 years ago mint all matching touch over 300 with shipping. From c&r dealer....I almost left it in the Cosmo. Just cant do that. I'm a shooting collector.
the trigger on this is very good. At least compared to other sks. Bring a God bore light.

gun shop prices are all over the place. most what I see are 300+ reguardless of condition,bubba'd up or beat up. If its been there for a year you may have some wiggle room. OR theres something your not seeing that everone else has passed it up for?

No, those are sold out. The ones in stock, at the new price, are way down at the bottom.

I don't know - it is also on the front page of their new mailer, which just came today, and the prices are good through the end of August. For $299 + shipping (and 2% cc fee), I might roll the dice.

you can probably do just as well on GB if you troll it for a while. you can see it before you buy as well. yes, it's pretty much retail (or same as the distributors) but you can see it.

I just looked, the one you are referring to on the bottom of the web page is $349. plus 2% fee is $356. I am positive you can find a nice Yugo on GB for that. I have seen unnissued ones sell for $399 recently. Dang, I just watched 2 russians sell for $415 and $425.(PM me, can send you the link). IMO a russian is a much nicer and more collectable gun.

BTW only one thing more dangerous than a C&R license........ A C&R license AND gunbroker.com account. [wink]

I am pretty tired of the suprise box from most distributors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom