• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

yugo mauser how do you choose

mac1911

NES Member
Ok so I'm looking for a "Mauser" of some sort. I am just looking for a "representation/shooter" I have found a few yugo's for under 300.00
1. M48 very good condition vs M24 in very good condition with all the accessories.
most of the German k98 I have seen are 400+ and not in that great of shape. So I rather wait and spend good money on a much better rifle to fill the k98 itch.

I'm looking for a 8 mm "Mauser" type rifle that's in nice shape and has potential to be a decent shooter. So far the yugo's fit the bill for the sub 300.00 range.

Yugo 24/47 rifles are nice but most have straight bolts so they aren't exactly traditional K98 design, plus they have an upper handguard that is longer. You can probably still find Yugo M98 rifles at decent prices. They're basically German K98 rifles reworked by Yugoslavia.

Cheapest RC I've seen recently is $400. They went through the roof on popular MilSurp sites into bolt MM prices ($700) last fall. Haven't been to a show since January, but I wasn't looking for K98s, but a holster for my M1911.

MS

What I have seen in the German capture 98s in the 300-500 range is not very good....I didn't see much of anything at Plymouth show with in my "willing" to pay price.

What I have seen in the German capture 98s in the 300-500 range is not very good....I didn't see much of anything at Plymouth show with in my "willing" to pay price.

Just got back from the concord NH show. I don't recall a single German K98, RC or otherwise. they must have been there but i did not see a one. i saw some M48s but dont recall the prices.

Here is how I did it. I picked one that was unissued and never fired with all the accessories and one that was new and unfired with all the accessories. Still not sure which was better deal. The I added the G43 front sight hood.

.. ;) ..

Back
Top Bottom