• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yugo M48A

Welder1

NES Member
Happened upon a Yugo M48A Mauser yesterday. Very nice condition. All matching. Seems to be unissued as a lot of M48s were not as I understand . I did some searching here and didn’t turn up to much. Was hoping some of the resident experts could supply me with the specifics and what to look for with these post war Mauser variants. Thanks in advance

Happened upon a Yugo M48A Mauser yesterday. Very nice condition. All matching. Seems to be unissued as a lot of M48s were not as I understand . I did some searching here and didn’t turn up to much. Was hoping some of the resident experts could supply me with the specifics and what to look for with these post war Mauser variants. Thanks in advance

I missed out on the $205 "unissued" M48s from the old wideners. My friend snagged one and its outstanding mint all matching and shoot very well...that's all I got

I have had one for years. Came still in the cosmoline, virtually brand new. Great shooter, but IMO significantly heavier than a K98k and you feel the recoil more. I have mine scoped with a scout mount and it's a tack driver out to 300yds all day.

Thanks for the input fellas. I was able to make a decent deal. It is virtually new condition. Barrel looks really good. After the removal of the remaining cosmoline this Mauser will look sharp.

Thanks for the input fellas. I was able to make a decent deal. It is virtually new condition. Barrel looks really good. After the removal of the remaining cosmoline this Mauser will look sharp.

You did well Grass Hopper!

gMsarsK.jpg

NfE47zf.jpg

ypWOG9Q.jpg

Last edited:
I have two that I got from Mitchell's Mausers, one of them looks new.

When did you get them.
Plenty of Mitchell's around one club I go to.
All are very nice condition and shoot well but not "original"

I got them about 15 years ago, one is in excellent shape, the other very good.

thats about the time frame for most of these guys. Some decent stuff came out of them. Few guys have some Nice Gibbs rifle stuff also.

Back
Top Bottom