• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yugo m48

Someone offered me one for $300 all numbers match reportedly but no bayonet so it doesent sound like the deal I thought it was! Thanks!

I bought this one for $270 +$20 shipping off Gunbroker. I bought it because it was a Cherry's import

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/164194-Cherry-s-M48-Mauser?highlight=

This was not that long ago. it is actually an M48a. but pretty much the same from a value perspective. IT is also all matching

M48A has stamped parts such as the mag plate. They are a great rifle, just check the bores on the ones which look like they are not unissued. Some were used in the Bosnian war and were not stored well. The majority of the ones I have seen are nice. At one time you could buy one with a bayo and sling still in the cosmoline form Samco pretty much unissued. The Cherry imports are like their Yugo SKS unissued. PRISTINE!!!!

i picked up one online for $263 VG condition, no bayo either. metal was in very good shape bore VG to EX but wood was not good. I mean it was fine, nothing damaged or cracked, just production quality not good. lumber itself is pretty crappy.
couldn't find cheaper at the time

Last edited:
Around $200 is the going price.

I paid $199 for a mint one locally last year.

I think you did well

I Sold Yugo SKSs for $280 24 months ago that are now selling for $$350-$400

I just looked around. Gunbroker has nothing near $200. the few that are $200 are reserve with buy it now at $289. The classified section here has one for $275, A certain ohio gun distributor has them for sale for $269.99 plus about $25 shipping if you have a C&R or FFL. Even the 24/47 Yugo Mausers are $249 plus shipping..

I am not saying you can't find them at that price, i just don't think they are very common at that price anymore.

And yes, Fred! I think it was unissued. The bore is pristine and shiny!!!

I am not saying you can't find them at that price, i just don't think they are very common at that price anymore.

I am friendly with one of the local gun shops. He puts a code on the back of each price tag. It refers to the date he acquired it, and what he paid for it. If something has been around a while, and he got it cheap, I have leverage to score a deal. I decifered his coding system a couple years ago. I have scored many deals this way.

Back
Top Bottom