• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yugo M48/48A's for sale

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Some talk lately about M48s; thought I'd post.

NON
You-Know-Who M48/M48As coming up for sale; $359/369. Borderline excellent.

PM for sales info.

A M48A is different in that the trigger guard and floor plate are stamped. Most have cleaning rods and sight hoods. Individual choice; sale starts 23/1 at 10AM.

These are what is known as "small ring" Mausers, different than the "large ring" K98s. In a small ring Mauser, the large receiver base does not pass into the sides of the stock, whereas in a large ring K98, the stock is inletted for the wider receiver. Parts are NOT interchangeable, especially bolts.

t

16370a_6981550a4d9746998b8d0e7ff2768858~mv2.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I got the email...tempting, but I think I will hold off. I would imagine they would shoot better than an RC K98.

Yeah I got the email...tempting, but I think I will hold off. I would imagine they would shoot better than an RC K98.
I missed out on the cheap unissued ones from old wideners, few guys I know picked them up and they are mint and shoot well, RC can be good but most I see are rough like mine.
If your looking for a shooter you can find Mitchell Mausers for ok prices in mint condition. They have little collector value as far as I know. I have seen some m48 and k98 with like new bores and stocks and they shoot very well.

Anyone get one?

t
I think most of us will pass as I think we can find better for not to much more. I checked early morning Wednesday and they where sold out. Maybe he can grow and get some larger quantities and selection.

I think most of us will pass as I think we can find better for not to much more. I checked early morning Wednesday and they where sold out. Maybe he can grow and get some larger quantities and selection.
I'd rather deal with him than you know who. I actually knew him first from AKFiles and didn't know he was a vendor at first.
I'm always excited to see what he has. Hope he gets some Makarovs, esp. East German ones (still regret passing up one I ran into at a shop a couple years ago).

The website is much improved, very cool.
However I can't deal with the ticketmaster method of purchase.

Somehow I get the feeling that shop will go the way of the other marketeers. But I guess its business.

Wasn't paying attention, might have been 'in' for one of these. Probably will just watch for a good deal on a Swedish or even an IDF.

Agreed that this guy is pretty solid, vs. that 'other guy' who is hit and miss.

Back
Top Bottom