• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

YUGO 24/47 LOOSE FRONT SIGHT??

Hi folks I recently got my new yugo m24/47 in the other day and while cleaning up the great cosmoline job.
I noticed the front sight post/band is loose,just wondering if anyone has experienced this or knows how to tighten it up.
Any info would be greatly appreciated as i can't let my brother out shoot me with his mosin! Thanks again..

Is it the sight hood that is loose? if so it can be removed and gently squeeze it tighter. If the entire front tight is loose it may have been removed somehow and needs to be reinstalled by a gunsmith. maybe some of the Mauser folks here know more. As to your brother out shooting you, well lets say I would take a Mosin over a Mauser any day.[wink]

Yes the whole sight is loose not just the hood,it only moves about a 16th of an inch then stops but I wasn't sure if the sight was silver soldered on or not. I will give a gunsmith a call. Thanks for the info,as for the mosin I wouldn't knock them since i have 3 of them you're right great shooters.A little competition never hurts.

I think you will like that 24/47 a lot more than your Mosins. There actions are so much smoother and they are one of the most accurate Mausers out there.

I think you will like that 24/47 a lot more than your Mosins. There actions are so much smoother and they are one of the most accurate Mausers out there.

I do own Mausers, from many countries, it is a long standing kidding going on we have going on here. As to a rifle being accurate there are many factors such as the shooter. I have seen some folks who cant produce sub once inch groups with any firearm.[wink]

Yes the whole sight is loose not just the hood,it only moves about a 16th of an inch then stops but I wasn't sure if the sight was silver soldered on or not. I will give a gunsmith a call. Thanks for the info,as for the mosin I wouldn't knock them since i have 3 of them you're right great shooters.A little competition never hurts.

Majspud should chime i here, or Jurgen, they are the Mauser guys.

Thanks guys Ifound after taking the sight out of the dovetail there was actually a set screw that goes into a dimple in the barrel.A little locktite and we are set. Thanks again.[thumbsup]

You will have better results providing a picture. Some are pinned some sweated on and others soldered.

210ff8e4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom