Youth turkey hunt.....Who's taking their kids?

whacko

NES Member
Me! Saturday is youth turkey day in mass. My son got His certificate at the mass conservation camp last summer and we are heading out Saturday morning to see what we can call in. Got a good spot picked out too this year where we have seen activity.

Anyone else?

tj bird.jpg

we went 5yrs ago, when my boy was 13yo. We took the MA youth turkey hunt class, they send you out with a mentor. This guy knew his shit, had bagged over 25 birds. My son nailed a 22# long beard with a 20ga single shot, using 3" shells with #4.

Good luck!

My daughter likes about another year I think. Going to load up
Some tss for a .410 and let her bust a turkey. Those little 410's are good out to 40 yards

My boy worked a tom for 45 minutes but it moved on. Very exciting! He's patient and we obviously have a good spot heard gobblers before daybreak! Gonna stick it out

Excellent

Only heard one more gobbler mid morning but he was waaaay off. Exciting though to have the chance to work on one that early!

Tuesday I'm taking a personal day and going by myself. I'll start in the same place but about 50 yards toward where I first heard that Tom. He must be roosting there to have heard him that early.

My 16 yr old son got an almost 20lb tom in Plymouth saturday morning...its his second turkey but first time getting one during the youth hunt which he's done three times now...we called two separate toms in saturday morning, both came in with at least one hen which surprised me a little...

My 16 yr old son got an almost 20lb tom in Plymouth saturday morning...its his second turkey but first time getting one during the youth hunt which he's done three times now...we called two separate toms in saturday morning, both came in with at least one hen which surprised me a little...

Outstanding

Awesome

Back
Top Bottom