Youth Day

BostonGator

NES Member
95027119-4971-4B6D-A693-22DDC8EF103F.jpegFD624C9C-271E-458B-AE85-FB59EB38BA51.jpeg
Youth day 2022!
Morning started out with one jumping in front of my truck in Boxford. That will cost $1k for the deductible but I wanted to go with a metal bumper anyway.
In our stand well before legal shoot. Saw a fisher cat and 3 deer before this button buck. Amazing first hunt for my boy! He made the shot from 50 yards with this 20g BigTimber loaned us. Out of the woods by 9am.
Thanks to all the members who helped me track down 20g sabot slugs.

View attachment 668406View attachment 668410
Youth day 2022!
Morning started out with one jumping in front of my truck in Boxford. That will cost $1k for the deductible but I wanted to go with a metal bumper anyway.
In our stand well before legal shoot. Saw a fisher cat and 3 deer before this button buck. Amazing first hunt for my boy! He made the shot from 50 yards with this 20g BigTimber loaned us. Out of the woods by 9am.
Thanks to all the members who helped me track down 20g sabot slugs.
Nice! Congratulations to you and your son. Glad to see those Hornady SSTs worked well! 😂

So far it’s been a bust for us. This is my last youth day with my kids and I’ve been out every year since the program started. Congrats on the deer. 2019 my fourth kid shot his first deer on youth day and I was standing right next to him. It was one of those proud moments I’ll never forget… I was shaking like a leaf I was so pumped.

So far it’s been a bust for us. This is my last youth day with my kids and I’ve been out every year since the program started. Congrats on the deer. 2019 my fourth kid shot his first deer on youth day and I was standing right next to him. It was one of those proud moments I’ll never forget… I was shaking like a leaf I was so pumped.
I’ve been hunting in Maine since 2017 and haven’t got anything yet. Mainly because I never get a doe permit for our area. Not many deer. If I had a doe permit I could have got one just about every year. Ah well. Beats being at work

Back
Top Bottom